Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM form components usage

Level 3

Hi , We have requirement in our project (6.3)to create a form with fields like singline text, multiline text,selection, submit,reset and captcha along with email action(triggering email after submission). 

Currently we have AEM sites license. And I am able to create adaptive forms in my cq server with above fields without having form license.

Could anyone please let me know do I need separate form license in order to create form with above fields. 

And without the extra license can we acheive the above form requirement with core components or OOTB form components ?

Please share your thoughts on this. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi There,

Yes, you need a forms license to use Adaptive form in production. The current form component that comes along with AEM site is for demo or learning purpose only.

Thanks,

Mayank

Level 3

Hi @Mayank_Gandhi Can we reuse & create form from core components ? like captcha field and others can we use it in form container component from core component section ? could you please let me know your thoughts.

Employee Advisor
The form container is meant to embed the Adaptive form in sites page. You should not use forms component if you do not have forms license. You can create custom component in AEM sites to achieve the use-case. https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/aem_recaptcha.html

Level 3

Hi @Mayank_Gandhi just to clarify I am talking about this form container core/wcm/components/form/container/v2/container not the fd/af/components/aemform.

Core component container is already used in weretail .Are you still sure that we cannot use core component container also in sites pages? I think i missing something here.

Employee Advisor

The form container is meant to embed the Adaptive form in sites page. You should not use forms component if you do not have forms license. You can create custom component in AEM sites to achieve the use-case.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/aem_recaptcha.html