Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM Edit, Modify, convert XFA PDF forms

Level 1

Dear all,

I have been struggling with this issue for more than 3 months and I am running out of solutions.

I am currently working on old pdf forms encoded with an XFA format that was made with the old software Adobe Livecycle.

I have to correct those forms, sometimes for just a "." and the only way I found is to print the form (as advised on the Adobe site). But this completely destroys the document and suppresses all the drop-down menus. Meaning that I have to re do all the form for just a ".". 

If it was not enough work already since these forms are used in more than 56 languages (languages using symbols (like Korean)) are creating issues later with date format (even when clicking on the drop-down calendar, see on this post Re: PDF form Drop Down Calendar Korean font - Adobe Support Community - 11643881). 
I cannot change the date format for these forms since we are using a custom date format: dd/mmm/yyyy for all the other one and our software might not be able to read another date format.
The biggest issue is that I use a software that read the forms to collect data only with XFA format.

The questions is:
Is there a new program capable to deal with XFA format? edit, convert (XFA to pdf, PDF to XFA), save in XFA, etc.

I have been in contact with Adobe with this issue for 3 month now but it leads nowhere as they only give me useless links that I already found myself. 

I asked them to get the old Adobe Livecycle (not the best option looking forward but still something), it is impossible for them to provide it.

I have been on the lead of this new software called Adobe Experience Manager Form (AEM) that is apparently replacing Live cycle. So I tried desperately to get the AEM from Adobe, but it seems impossible as they send me links to download it and it never worked. I tried with their dedicated form to get it but no answer after a month, I tried by phone but I reached only people that do not know what to do or do not know about it. I asked to get the contact of people managing AEM but they do not want to give it. I start to think that this program does not exist. 

I am currently in Switzerland so I do not know if this might be the issue here.

Honestly, my hairs start to fall down on this issue and I cannot find a helpful answer. I am desperate.

If someone could help me with this XFA and/or AEM (If this is the software that can handle my issues) that would be truly a Christmas miracle!

Thanks a lot and sorry for the long post.

Julien

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@jdongiovanni  you should be able to edit the form using the AEM forms designer.

Level 1

Thank you for your prompt answer. It has been 2 months that I am trying to get AEM without any success. I have done first through the official form from the website of Adobe without any answers, then I tried by contacting someone through the chat and then by phone.

I start to believe that this program does not exist or Adobe does not want to sell it. 

Can you help me get AEM? 

That would be amazing.

Thanks a lot,

Julien

Level 1

@Mayank_Gandhi  Can you please send the link to me, also? I'm in the same place as @jdongiovanni