Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM designer to make a dynamic PDF form with a text having multiple parts editable on data which has been pulled from system

Level 1

I am using AEM designer to develop a dynamic PDF form which has a text with multiple parts need to pull data from system and user asks all parts be editable and expandable. eg.

The [ClaimantName] has overpayment [OverpaymentAmt], because of [OverpaymentReason], as of [Date].

1. if use floating field on all parts, the text alignment will be good, but user can't enter changes.

2. if use text field on all parts, user can enter change, but text alignment won't be good, might crowed or leaving spaces.

3. thinking to , on each parts, use first floating field to pull data from system, when user click on this field, showing a text field let user enter changes and then write the changes into the second floating field. if this works, the text will have a good alignment, no crowed or extra spaces.  This will rely on the pulled Data from  first floating field disappear. I set it as invisible or hidden after when user enter changes, the pulled Data won't disappear.

please help how to make this form with example text parts work with Designer.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can do it with text fields wrapping inside the flowable subforms, making the text fields w*h expand to fit, multiline, etc. There will be some alignment issues but totally depends on the data entered by users. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

I think achieving it using only a designer will be difficult. Have you considered using Interactive Communications?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can do it with text fields wrapping inside the flowable subforms, making the text fields w*h expand to fit, multiline, etc. There will be some alignment issues but totally depends on the data entered by users.