Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Designer crashing on calculate event???

Level 3

Desperate here - of late, my AEM is crashing every time I attempt to add a calculate script - Java and FormCalc alike.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it has not helped.  I have just been working around it but this time I can't.

Has this happened to anyone else and have you been able to fix it?

EDIT - it appears to happen when I type the word "this" !!  As soon as I do that, it freezes up and closes down.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

AEM Forms 6.2 version is already end of life as per this link. Please upgrade to supported version and check the issue again.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Can you please apply the latest Designer patch from here, and check the issue again?

Please note the link is applicable for version 6.5. 

Level 3

Natalieann75_0-1638244866318.png

Thank you so much for your response!  I am unable to access the link because this is my personal Adobe account and I just have a standalone installation of AEM and the version is above.  Am I doomed?

Correct answer by
Employee

AEM Forms 6.2 version is already end of life as per this link. Please upgrade to supported version and check the issue again.

Level 3

OK thank you so much.  I will speak to the IT team and see what they can do.

Level 10

I'm working with Designer for almost 20 years and never came across such a problem. Very interesting. Please let us know, if the upgrade had a positive effect or not.

Level 3

Thank you @Deleted Account I definitely will.  Apparently 6.5 is being "packaged" somewhere offshore at the moment. I work for a global firm headquartered in NYC and only 4 of us in the whole organisation use AEM so getting any priority on this is difficult. But I've built all of the Australian core documents on it soit's not too far off. Such a bizarre bug. And not the first time I've seen it crash on calculate.  Just the first time I've worked out it's that specific command that kills it....