Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5.4. Adaptive and FavIcon

Level 4

We followed "https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/AEM63_favicon.html" to assign a favicon to each adaptive form.

1. The folder /etc/designs/ does not exists so we create this folder (sling:folder)

2. added a cq:page with our project name and added a favicon to this page as a child.

crx/de

Updated our adaptive form:

3. /content/forms/af/<project name>/<adaptive form name>/jcr:content

4. added node "cq:designPath" of type String with value "/etc/designs/<project name>"

Yeah.. FavIcon is now available

Issue is that we get an additional CSS file in the html <head> that does not exists and the browser console report this error.

Error:

Refused to apply style from 'https://<server>:<port>/etc/designs/<project name>.css' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.

Actual the browser is trying to load the file, but the server respond with a 404 as the file does not exists. (log file entry in "request.log")

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Eric_Stricker The article seem specific to AEM but let me check internally if there is something additional we have to do here for forms. Allow me some time to check this. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Eric_Stricker The article seem specific to AEM but let me check internally if there is something additional we have to do here for forms. Allow me some time to check this. 

Level 4
Correct, but is the best i could find around this subject.

Level 4

I found a new issue around this.

When we want to edit the page in the form editor the editor did not work. 

In the server log file we find this error

12.05.2020 16:21:32.667 *ERROR* [xxx] GET /etc/designs/<project Name>.css HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jsp.libs.cq.Page.Page_css_jsp resource has no content. path=/etc/designs/<project Name>.css referrer=null

Removing the node "cq:designPath" is the only way to resolve this error so we can continue with our design.

Level 4

@Mayank_Gandhi

We found a solution, but not sure if this is according to the preferred methods

We notice that the "head.html" in libs is importing a file "customheaderlibs.html" for us to add values to the head tag

1. We created a new hidden component "apps.<project name>.components.pagefavicon" with
sling:resourceSuperType="fd/af/components/page2/aftemplatedpage"

2. In the component we added a file "pagefavicon.html" with 1 line of code:
<sly data-sly-include="aftemplatedpage.jsp"/>

Now we have created 1 level of indirection.
3. added a file "customheaderlibs.html" to the same component. In the file we added 2 lines of code:
<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="/etc/designs/<project name>/favicon.ico">
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="/etc/designs/<project name>/favicon.ico">

4. Navigated to "/content/forms/af/<project name>/<adaptive form name>/jcr:content"

5. edited sling:resourceType with a new value "/apps/<project name>/components/pagefavicon"

6. Now the favicon is appearing.

Level 4

One note for reference:

Using /etc/designs/<project name>/favicon.ico is 'old school'. We did update our code to '/etc.clientlibs/<projectname>/clientlibs/site/resources/favicon.ico' to be in line with the latest design recommendations

(ps. do not forget allowProxy = true)