Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Sonar cube issue: The class or interface com.google.zxing.common.BitMatrix has been deprecated and is not recommended to be used on AEM

Adobe Champion

I am having a use case to create a QR code image based on a EventListener which gets triggered, when we save a content fragment after adding few properties.

I used com.google.zxing API to make this functional and it is all working fine and able to create QR code images.

During automatic code review from Adobe cloud manager, we got two observations from Sonar Cube as below.

The class or interface com.google.zxing.WriterException has been deprecated and is not recommended to be used on AEM. - Minor

The class or interface com.google.zxing.common.BitMatrix has been deprecated and is not recommended to be used on AEM. - Minor

Though these are flagged as minor , just wanted some advise on how we can fix this.

Please find below the piece of code I am using to create the QR code, which is actually the main code to create QR code.

P_V_Nair_0-1649261864202.png

I searched for many documentations and could not find any replacement for BitMatrix class used to create the actual QR image.

I am using the below classes from zxing API and only the highlighted ones were flagged in SonarCube and could not find any replacement which can be used to fix this issue.

P_V_Nair_1-1649261991065.png

Any leads would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @P_V_Nair 

Hope you are doing well!

In case your question pertains to Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), kindly post your question here: AEM Sites & more for a faster resolution and guidance from the community.

This space is for Adobe Experience Platform (AEP). Thank you and have a nice day.

Best,

Kishore

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @P_V_Nair 

Hope you are doing well!

In case your question pertains to Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), kindly post your question here: AEM Sites & more for a faster resolution and guidance from the community.

This space is for Adobe Experience Platform (AEP). Thank you and have a nice day.

Best,

Kishore