Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adaptive forms: Inline long description help text URLs not working

Level 4

Hi all!  I'm testing some items in my forms setup, and am running into an issue.

In our Long Description, we want to include links to external sites.

When I try putting  a link into the Long Description, even if I use the Source Edit, the URL gets stripped out.

I put <p>This is my long description with <a href="http://www.google.com" alt="Google" target="_blank">Google!</a></p> into my Long Description.

But when I save and preview, the link disappears and it returns <p>This is my long description with <a target="_blank" alt="Google">Google!</a></p>. The href has been removed.

What is causing this?

As a secondary question, is there a way to embed images in the Long Description?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

On AEM 6.2 - i was able to reproduce your issue. There is a bug here (it works on 6.3).  Please log a support ticket as Eng needs to fix it.

SD1.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 7

Hi ChrisPasquarette

What type of field are you putting this url into the long description of?

Which version of AEM forms are you using?

It seems to work when I tried it on a text box in 6.3

Perhaps you could include some screenshots of your setup so we can try to recreate

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 20.29.56.png

I the above image, I created the first link manually and your one was copy and pasted below it in  source edit mode

I was also able to add an image:

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 20.34.00.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 20.35.25.png

One thing I did notice is that it didn't save unless I went out of source edit mode and then closed the dialog, I doubt that is what your problem is but thought I would mention it

Thanks,

Jim

Level 4

Hi Jim!

I am trying on a text field. I am using AEM Forms 6.2.

To make sure none of my template code may be interfering, I have set up on a blank default form.

1423831_pastedImage_0.png

When I first go out of source edit mode and close the full-screen page, it appears to be correct in the dialog,

1423844_pastedImage_1.png

but as soon as I click the checkbox to save it, the link href goes away.

I don't think it's the link checker, because I can put external links into a static text component. Very frustrating!

Level 10

Try Short Description - it works for me

SD.png

Level 4

Tried in Short Description, same result. As soon as I click the save button, the href goes away.

Level 10

Try on a fresh dev instance. This will let us know if issue is something in your instance or bug.

Level 4

Tried in both my local sandbox, and in our Development environment. Same result both places.

Correct answer by
Level 10

On AEM 6.2 - i was able to reproduce your issue. There is a bug here (it works on 6.3).  Please log a support ticket as Eng needs to fix it.

SD1.png

Level 4

Will do! Thanks!!!

Is there any specific information I should include? Otherwise, I may have to go through all this again with support.

Level 10

Point them to this thread URL and say that on 6.2 - the HREF is removed and we confirmed it in the communtiy. Also mention we said it worked on AEM 6.3.