Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Adaptive forms - assembling from common fragments

Level 2

Hi

Is it possible to create an adaptive form by assembling/stitching together common fragments.  By fragment, I mean some reusable section of a form such as an address block (street no., street name, city, zip code, etc), or name information (First Name, middle initial, last name, e-mail, etc.)

I would want to insert such fragments into an wizard-style adaptive layout.

Furthermore, I need to be able to pre-populate form data and save/load drafts of partially completed forms.

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Adaptive Form Fragment support in not yet available but is on our road map. Till that is available, you can create composite components and use that as reusable collection of fields as mentioned here.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Adaptive Form Fragment support in not yet available but is on our road map. Till that is available, you can create composite components and use that as reusable collection of fields as mentioned here.

Level 2

Thank you, the linked post is helpful.

Within an adaptive form, is it possible to show/hide some of the sections based on server logic.  For example, some templates using a wizard-style interface and I would want to be able to select which sections to show, hiding ones I may not need.

Also, how would I pre-populate data into a new form?

Level 3

You can hide/show sections of an Adaptive Form depending upon the values of other Fields using the visibility expression[1] in the edit dialogs of the section. You can input a data xml to prepopulate the form as described in [2]

HTH

[1] http://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6/adaptive-form-expressions.html#main-pars_header_5

[2] http://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6/prepopulate-adaptive-form-fields.html

Level 5

Hi Deepak,

Given link is not working, could you please share the link once again.

Thanks!

Rashid

Level 2

Hi Rashid,

Adaptive Form fragment support is available since AEM 6.1. For more details on the same you can refer to [1]. There are also some reference fragments available as seen in [2].

[1] Adobe Experience Manager Help | Adaptive form fragments

[2] Adobe Experience Manager Help | Reference adaptive form fragments