Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Accessing AEM 6.2 livecycle application manager with java

Level 7

Hi,

I am attempting to connect to the livecycle part of AEM 6.2 JEE in order to update assets. But at the moment I cannot connect successfully and perform getApplications() on the application manager. Below is a snippet of the code I am using:

//Create service factory Properties
   Properties connectionProps = new Properties();

connectionProps.setProperty("DSC_DEFAULT_SOAP_ENDPOINT", "http://192.168.56.101:8080/lc");

connectionProps.setProperty("DSC_TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL", "SOAP");

connectionProps.setProperty("DSC_SERVER_TYPE", "JBoss");

connectionProps.setProperty("DSC_CREDENTIAL_USERNAME", "administrator");

connectionProps.setProperty("DSC_CREDENTIAL_PASSWORD", "password");

// Create the service client factory
   ServiceClientFactory myFactory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);

ApplicationManagerClient appMgrClient = new ApplicationManagerClient(myFactory);

//Create an application called Sample1, version 1.0 is created
   try {

// appMgrClient.createApplication("Sample1");
   List list = appMgrClient.getApplications();

} catch (ApplicationManagerClientException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

I based this on code from ApplicationManager (AEM forms on JEE Java API Reference)

I have also tried ApplicationManager instead of ApplicationManagerClient

I get an exception when executing this code:

ALC-DSC-099-000: com.adobe.idp.applicationmanager.application.ApplicationManagerException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/EJBException

I have also had the below error from other tests I have performed:

ALC-DSC-099-000: com.adobe.idp.applicationmanager.application.ApplicationManagerException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPConstants not found by com.adobe.livecycle.dsc.clientsdk.api [496]

I think I am missing dependencies but do not know which ones. Has anyone used the application manager on AEM forms 6.2 recently and has a working example?

I am particular interested in the pom files and any additional classes that needed adding.

Thanks,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I managed to work out a solution and thought I would document it here in case it helps someone else.

Instead of setting the properties for the service client factory myself like this:

ServiceClientFactory myFactory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);

I used the service client factory provider instead:

@Reference
ServiceClientFactoryProvider scfProvider;

ServiceClientFactory myFactory = scfProvider.getDefaultServiceClientFactory();

As described in the page below:

AEM 6.2 Forms Help | Connecting AEM Forms with Adobe LiveCycle

I am connecting to a remote server and had to change my Adobe LiveCycle Client SDK Configuration in configMgr to the remote IP.

After doing this it connected, but I got a different error:

ALC-DSC-099-000: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Deserialization not allowed for class sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo

To fix that I found a blog post that had the solution of adding "sun.util." to the deserializationFirewall whitelist

http://localhost:4503/system/console/configMgr/com.adobe.cq.deserfw.impl.DeserializationFirewallImpl

See the following for full details:

Deserialization error submitting forms to AEM Forms JEE | The LiveCycle & AEM Forms survival kit

It then worked.

I assume I was previously missing a setting for the service client factory, but can't be sure.

For completeness, this required the following entry in the core pom file:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.adobe.livecycle.dsc</groupId>

<artifactId>com.adobe.livecycle.dsc.clientsdk</artifactId>

<version>6.2</version>

</dependency>

Thanks,

James

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Are you trying to run this code within AEM or on a LiveCycle Server (or what is now a LC Server)?

So i take it you want to invoke a LC process from AEM?

Level 10

This code was once used to run on a LC server. I assume you are trying to run on on AEM J2EE for forms server?

Correct answer by
Level 7

I managed to work out a solution and thought I would document it here in case it helps someone else.

Instead of setting the properties for the service client factory myself like this:

I used the service client factory provider instead:

@Reference
ServiceClientFactoryProvider scfProvider;

ServiceClientFactory myFactory = scfProvider.getDefaultServiceClientFactory();

As described in the page below:

AEM 6.2 Forms Help | Connecting AEM Forms with Adobe LiveCycle

I am connecting to a remote server and had to change my Adobe LiveCycle Client SDK Configuration in configMgr to the remote IP.

After doing this it connected, but I got a different error:

ALC-DSC-099-000: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Deserialization not allowed for class sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo

To fix that I found a blog post that had the solution of adding "sun.util." to the deserializationFirewall whitelist

http://localhost:4503/system/console/configMgr/com.adobe.cq.deserfw.impl.DeserializationFirewallImpl

See the following for full details:

Deserialization error submitting forms to AEM Forms JEE | The LiveCycle & AEM Forms survival kit

It then worked.

I assume I was previously missing a setting for the service client factory, but can't be sure.

For completeness, this required the following entry in the core pom file:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.adobe.livecycle.dsc</groupId>

<artifactId>com.adobe.livecycle.dsc.clientsdk</artifactId>

<version>6.2</version>

</dependency>

Thanks,

James

Level 7

Hi

smacdonald2008

Yes that is right - I am connecting to a AEM JEE server. My title for this was a little misleading in hindsight, but I wanted to describe the area of forms that the problem was related too.

Thanks,

James