Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Unable to save Asset Metadata

Level 2

When I save the asset metadata update screen,  the interface shows this error message "Unable to create new tags. Check for access privileges to create tags." I'm the admin on the platform and no new tags being added. 

Platform: AEM Asset Cloud.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Tags have this hierarchical structure that has to be planed and structured by the admin,
so you need to create a list of possible namespaces:tags in tools - general - tagging.

To enable users to create their own keywords in the file property editor, you have to use something else than tags. Just create in the metadata editor a multi value text field, name it Keywords and map it to ./jcr:content/metadata/dc:subject. This helps to boost the file up the file in the search.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Tags have this hierarchical structure that has to be planed and structured by the admin,
so you need to create a list of possible namespaces:tags in tools - general - tagging.

To enable users to create their own keywords in the file property editor, you have to use something else than tags. Just create in the metadata editor a multi value text field, name it Keywords and map it to ./jcr:content/metadata/dc:subject. This helps to boost the file up the file in the search.

Level 2

We are also facing this issue post AEM upgrade to 2022.4.7138.20220427T075748Z version.
@Adilos-Cantuerk the actual issue is when we have custom tag field (ex. category) (resourceType="cq/gui/components/coral/common/form/tagfield") in asset metadata schema which is not mandatory and we are trying save metadata for a asset without selecting category tag, its throwing error Unable to create new tags. Check for access privileges to create tags. In background it is trying to create tag with empty title as shown in attached image. What I am not able to understand, if I don't select category tag, why its trying to create new tag. In previous AEM versions, it was working for us as expected. We are facing this issue only after AEM upgrade.

Category Field XML

<_x0031_653406122105
cq:showOnCreate="{Boolean}true"
jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
sling:resourceType="dam/gui/components/admin/schemafield"
cq-msm-lockable="category"
fieldLabel="Category"
metaType="tags"
multiple="false"
name="./jcr:content/metadata/category"
resourceType="cq/gui/components/coral/common/form/tagfield"
rootPath="/content/cq:tags/macnicagwi/categories">
<granite:data
jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
cq-msm-lockable="./metadata/category"
visibilityCascading="default"/>
</_x0031_653406122105> 

Screenshot (362).png

Please let us know how to fix it.

Community Advisor

Sorry i have to ask for better understanding.
You have already created a tag in the admin pannel - Tools - General - Tags.
Like this "Namespace:Tag"?
eg: macnicagwi:category and to add another example macnicagwi:somethingelse

And then you try to add this tag, which is already created, to an asset?
I only get this exact response, that you have shown, when i try to add a tag that is not already in existence.

What trows me off a bit is the part in your text about
"a custom tag field ..." and  "...which is not mandatory"
Is this a custom second metadata property field (Tag field), that you map on to property ./jcr:content/metadata/cq:tags?

Level 2

Hi @Adilos-Cantuerk 

Thanks for your quick response.

[1] Yes, I have already created tags in the admin pannel - Tools - General - Tags.

S_K_Agarwal_0-1653907073574.png

[2] When we are saving asset metadata by selecting any of the above category tags, its working as expected. Its throwing error when we don't select any category tag and try to save asset metadata.

[3] Category is a custom metadata property field (Tag field) (not part of default asset metadata schema) that maps on to property ./jcr:content/metadata/category.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Community Advisor

But..., as far as i see it....
there is no such property as ./jcr:content/metadata/category, or do i miss something?
There might be a ./jcr:content/metadata/macinagwi/categories, but even then - i do not think this will work the way i believe you want this to work.
Just map it to ./jcr:content/metadata/cq:tags and set the root path accordingly.