Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Publish asset via HTTP API

Level 1

Hi, I'm working on AIO function that handles asset processing. Business logic requires to upload new asset to AEM or update existing one and republish if it's already published. I have asset successfully uploaded but I can not find any API endpoint that would let me publish the asset. What would be the best way of doing this?

I've checked the AEM Assets HTTP API and I couldn't find such an option. I've also gone over Assets developer use cases but replication doesn't appear to be covered by the documentation.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The issue is that the replication action is not exclusive to assets, so there is no API included in the AEM Assets HTTP API. In fact, I don't believe there is any REST API available to achieve this. Here are the options listed in the official documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/operations/replicat...

Depending on your use case, you could either add a launcher to automatically publish the image upon upload event (possibly under a specific path), or you could build your own REST API to replicate using the Java Replicate API.

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The issue is that the replication action is not exclusive to assets, so there is no API included in the AEM Assets HTTP API. In fact, I don't believe there is any REST API available to achieve this. Here are the options listed in the official documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/operations/replicat...

Depending on your use case, you could either add a launcher to automatically publish the image upon upload event (possibly under a specific path), or you could build your own REST API to replicate using the Java Replicate API.

Esteban Bustamante

Administrator

@KamilKo Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni