Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Move Operation Workflow

Level 3

Hi Team,

User part of administrators group is performing move operation on the folders. Observing for few folders move operation was successful while others are showing as failed. Any pointers is there any size limit for performing move operation.

thanikon_0-1670847834244.png

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@thanikon  did you uncheck the dry run ? Can you check logs.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee

There is no size limit but if the number is more , you may see the move operation is unsuccessful msg but when you will validate the assets or folder may be there but this is not a consistent way of moving a large no of assets. Happened with me on AEM CaaS . Ideally, you should be using ACS AEM Commons tool https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/mcp-tools/renovator/index.html for the bulk move operation . Also , depending on no of assets moved you may want to check if you want to disable dam update workflow and run it later in batches to optimize author performance . Hope this helps.

Also , if not the 'admin' user directly , you can double check on the user's unpublish permission and check if issue is specific to moving assets that are published.

If AEM is AMS/On-premise - do check logs/resources (disk space/memory). You may need to run OTC/GC if issue with resources.

Level 3

Thank you for the response @digarg . We are also performing move operation in AEM CaaS for assets. We will try to use ACS AEM Commons tool and verify.

Level 3

Hi @digarg ,  I have tried the above ACS AEM Commons tool and tested bulk move operation using Renovator. I am facing issue not able to see the changes or files in the new location. Observed same behavior in my local and CS environments.

thanikon_1-1670923773785.png

Followed the example mentioned here https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/mcp-tools/renovator/index.html . Any solutions for this issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Community Advisor

@thanikon While using the renovator tool:

what were the column headers in your excel file? 

did you get any errors after the execution? 

Level 3

Hi @diksha_mishra , here is the excel sheet column headers. I am not seeing any error or exception regarding this move operation in my local. When i followed the steps mentioned in the renovator tool document, after running process i am not seeing new folder "moved" which has to create automatically is creating in my dam console. 

thanikon_0-1670924353422.png

Correct answer by
Employee

@thanikon  did you uncheck the dry run ? Can you check logs.

Level 3

Thank you for the response @digarg . I tried with and without dry run enabled as well. Current process without dryrun check it worked. I am seeing moved folder created automatically and move operation happened.

Level 3

@digarg @diksha_mishra  We have started using Renovator tool to perform MOVE operation in AEM Cloud Service Environment. We have observed One of the moves seemed to go through but it had one error. I tried another move and it wasn’t completed as it got 40% done. Any pointers here like MCP accepts only one process at a time. We have started new process while other old process is still going on. It is not accepted?

thanikon_0-1671644613951.png