Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Migrating Large Volume of Assets (2TB) from Local file system

Level 2

Hi ,

I am trying to migrate large volume of assets (1 million assets) to AEM. Currently I am using a custom service which uses dam api (createasset) and copy the files into /content/dam/. Currently it is taking more than 1 day. we have 3 powerful VM's and content present is shared between these VM's. So my question is, is there any way like standalone java I can write and migrate assets into AEM. I mean i want to make my data into 3 parts and run the standalone java code on 3 VM's so that the migration will be fast. Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Did you take a chance looking into this one? Best Approach to upload large Assets in AEM

Also, What is the version of AEM you are using? If it is 6.3, please take a moment to go through this helpx articles. There are loads of performance improvements went into the 6.3 release. There may not be a single shot suggested solution, but we could certainly accomplish bulk upload using a combination of multiple approaches.

Assets Sizing Guide and AEM Assets

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Did you take a chance looking into this one? Best Approach to upload large Assets in AEM

Also, What is the version of AEM you are using? If it is 6.3, please take a moment to go through this helpx articles. There are loads of performance improvements went into the 6.3 release. There may not be a single shot suggested solution, but we could certainly accomplish bulk upload using a combination of multiple approaches.

Assets Sizing Guide and AEM Assets