Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Metadata report for only live assets

Level 1

Hi,

I need to pull a report from AEM extracting a list of assets and filtering by those that are live (active on a published page) so that I can perform some clean up (of data within them) in bulk. 

I'm using this tutorial to pull the export, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to filter by only the assets that are live/published. Is there a metadata field that would give me that information? 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/assets/metadata/metadata-import-exp...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, 

Usually, the assets will possess certain properties on which you could rely, such as cq:lastReplicated and cq:lastReplicationAction. However, it is not guaranteed with 100% certainty that these properties can determine whether assets are published or not. The most straightforward approach would be to generate a report of the existing assets on one of your publish instances. With this information, you can be certain about which assets are published or activated. You can request assistance from your administrator, or if you have access, you can either download a package containing the assets or simply execute the metadata report you referred to.

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, 

Usually, the assets will possess certain properties on which you could rely, such as cq:lastReplicated and cq:lastReplicationAction. However, it is not guaranteed with 100% certainty that these properties can determine whether assets are published or not. The most straightforward approach would be to generate a report of the existing assets on one of your publish instances. With this information, you can be certain about which assets are published or activated. You can request assistance from your administrator, or if you have access, you can either download a package containing the assets or simply execute the metadata report you referred to.

Esteban Bustamante