Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Capture digital rights management with asset's intention of use from user as textfield

Community Advisor

Hello,

We are working on a use case where we have to capture 'intention of use' when a user is trying to download assets from AEM assets and Adobe Brandportal.

Is there any way to capture 'intention of use' as an input from a user when downloading?

There are some open questions related to the same?
1. How to add a form field(textfield) to capture 'intention of use'?

2. How to handle the data captured during this process?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't know how to do that.
I am very interested if you do get this to work and how you did it, in case you figure it out.
I fear that this might be best archieved outside of AEM, since i do not know if it is possible to get the info from Brandportal back into AEM.

The current Copyright Management Page is best to tell a user that he has to use it in a certain way, but does not give any feedback to the company other than did the user clicked on "agree" - because otherwhise he could not have downloaded the asset. Maybe it is possible to add more options here, but i don't know how you would write the info back into the asset.

Even if you create a html within adobe_dam:restrictions, that somehow disables the download button within the copyright management page unless the user first selects his choices and then creates a report based of the URL of the current copyright management page - make the html in a way that the "Agree" selector is disabled until the user selects and comfirms his selection - (Use for online marketing) - (use for print) (5k Flyers) - To have this info and his user ID written  - into the asset, in another multi value property, for example./jcr:content/metadata/LicensedUse  Or something like that, might be possible. BUT then you would have to find a way to get this  from Brandportal back into AEM without overwriting the other entries.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

This might be relevant - but it is possible to add adobeDAM:restrictions as a text field into an asset.
This will then gets displayed within AEM and Brand Portal in the copyright management page.
This allows the corporation to describe to a user in which way the asset is allowed to be used - but it does not give feedback to the corporation. 

Sadly this does not apply for licenses (xmpRights:WebStatement) since they are located in AEM - and they do not transfer into Brand Portal. 

Community Advisor

thanks for your response @Adilos-Cantuerk 

As per the documentation, 

• The value of the asset metadata property adobe_dam:restrictions is a raw HTML that specifies the license agreement.

If we add texfield with adobe_dam:restrictions, where and how this value will be saved in AEM?

Could you share some details on that if possible?

Community Advisor

Hi @Rohit_Utreja ,

of course. I gladly share my experience with the matter.
adobe_dam:restrictions will be saved within the asset itself, under metadata.

AdilosCantuerk_0-1692686880906.png

AdilosCantuerk_1-1692686935328.png

Since this information is saved within the asset - this will work with AEM as well as with Brand Portal.
The other thing in the documentation gives me trouble atm. 
We would like to use xmpRights:WebStatement.

But there is no way to move the licenses from the Production enviroment over to the brand Portal.
I do not want to hijack this thread with my struggles, but if you are interested - i have another ticket open for that. 
In case you want to have a look 

Community Advisor

Hi @Adilos-Cantuerk ,

Thanks for sharing it, I appreciate it.

I have tried the above approach and could see the HTML before downloading the asset.
You have mentioned earlier that we can give a textfield in this field, I tried the same.
Now the question is, How to handle the input from a user into this textfield along with asset so it can be reflected in the asset download report?

Thanks,
Rohit

Community Advisor

Hi @Rohit_Utreja ,

i am not quite shure i understand you correctly.

Now the question is, How to handle the input from a user into this textfield along with asset so it can be reflected in the asset download report?

I can tell you about how i did it - but - as mentioned before i am still struggeling with the licences..
First i created a dropdown in my metadata schemata 
(./jcr:content/metadata/tos) TOS = Terms of Service
Underneath i have 3 conditions: regular; approval; individual

AdilosCantuerk_0-1692693825421.png

Regular is the standard.
If the user chooses approval required, i added another dropdown that now becomes visible and is required. Here the user can select then the license model. (./jcr:content/metadata/xmpRights:WebStatement - This does not work in Brand Portal - but i am working on it)
If the user chooses individual approval, i added a textfield that becomes visible and is required.
this Text field then maps onto ./jcr:content/metadata/adobe_dam:restrictions.

AdilosCantuerk_1-1692694155283.png

In the download report the user now can add the metadata property of adobe_dam:restrictions or licences.
It would be wonderful when ./jcr:content/metadata/xmpRights:WebStatement would work, since this can be added within Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator within the file properties.

AdilosCantuerk_2-1692694611156.png

Community Advisor

@Adilos-Cantuerk  thanks a lot for sharing these details. I appreciate it.

If I have to give a textfield inside the value of 'adobe_dam:restrictions.' such as below (along with copyright information)
<input type="text" id="fname" name="./fname" value="John DDOE"><br>

How to save the value of this textfield and reflect it within Download report?
any clue?

TIA,

Rohit

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't know how to do that.
I am very interested if you do get this to work and how you did it, in case you figure it out.
I fear that this might be best archieved outside of AEM, since i do not know if it is possible to get the info from Brandportal back into AEM.

The current Copyright Management Page is best to tell a user that he has to use it in a certain way, but does not give any feedback to the company other than did the user clicked on "agree" - because otherwhise he could not have downloaded the asset. Maybe it is possible to add more options here, but i don't know how you would write the info back into the asset.

Even if you create a html within adobe_dam:restrictions, that somehow disables the download button within the copyright management page unless the user first selects his choices and then creates a report based of the URL of the current copyright management page - make the html in a way that the "Agree" selector is disabled until the user selects and comfirms his selection - (Use for online marketing) - (use for print) (5k Flyers) - To have this info and his user ID written  - into the asset, in another multi value property, for example./jcr:content/metadata/LicensedUse  Or something like that, might be possible. BUT then you would have to find a way to get this  from Brandportal back into AEM without overwriting the other entries.