Expand my Community achievements bar.

Massive metadata update

Level 3

Hi there,

I need to massively update tags and description (dc:description) to some of my assets saved on AEM. Is there an OOB API I can use for it?

As I key I would like to use the name of the file.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Serena Pitotti

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 8

Hi @serenapitotti 

There are various options available to do this which depend upon whether you are using AEM 6.5 or AEM as a Cloud Service. This previous thread has details on those options - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-assets/how-to-bulk-update-...

Please go through these and check if these are helpful and let us know for any additional questions.

Thanks

Narendra

Community Advisor

@serenapitotti 
I had to massively update metadata for all the 200000 assets we have.
My approach was to export all the relevant information via a csv export, 
then using the excel powerquery function to create new tags, based of assetpath and other tags based on the filename.

Sorry again - no API solution - but it worked like a charm.

Community Advisor

Hi @serenapitotti, could you please elaborate a bit on the need?
What i was describing was a way to update, transform or generate new properties for pretty much any metadata property within aem.

So it works very well for dc:description as well as cq:tags.
My approach is done by excel power query - which allows you to use any function that power query brings to the table. 
dc:description might be a bit strange, depending if you are using text that includes characters that a CSV file usualy uses as a seperator. But even that can be worked arround. 
So, could you please elaborate a bit more on your situation?
I would like to help you, but I seem to not understand the situation, since I still firmly believe that my solution would solve the problem.

Administrator

@serenapitotti Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni