Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Limit upload size to DAM - Solution Issue

Level 2

I am following the solution recommended by Experience AEM (Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 6 SP1 - Classic UI Restrict Large or Small Files... ) to limit file upload size to the DAM in Classic UI. It works as described when authors use the new button to upload asset, however after deploying this code disables the drag-and-drop functionality in the DAM. I tested in new AEM install to make sure issue wasn't related to my code base. Does anyone know why and have any recommended solutions? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi everyone. I was able to find a solution which restores drag/drop functionality and continues to limit file uploads by size. Just replace the code I posted in the screenshot above with the following code. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 12.26.35 PM.png

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 10

What AEM version are you using?

Level 10

Can you post a screen shot please. We can look into that.

Level 2

Here is link to a 30 second video grab of issue. The screen grab shows that without above code installed, drag-drop works fine. After code is installed, drag-drop functionality no longer works.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks Scott!

Loom - Quick Videos, Faster than Typing

Level 2

Hi Scott,

Any luck looking into it?

Thanks

Level 10

The author is looking into this. This looks like a bug in that package.

Level 4

Can you share the error.log at the moment you generate the package and the moment you install the package? Did you check also if also rendition/metadata are corrected or no?

Level 2

Scott - sorry to bother you again but is there any chance the author had a chance to look into the bug?

Level 10

I recommend opening a bug on this.

Level 10

Author Post. There is something wrong if you get that behaviour.

Employee

If you are not on latest Service Pack and Cumulative Fix Pack on 6.1 we recommend one as we have done lot of improvements in this area specially in Touch - UI. You might want to review this - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Release Notes: AEM 6.1 Cumulative Fix Pack

Thanks,

Gaurav

Level 2

Hi Gaurav,

This is related to classic UI, we do not use the Touch UI yet. I've narrowed the problem down to this section of the code.Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 4.38.48 PM.png

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi everyone. I was able to find a solution which restores drag/drop functionality and continues to limit file uploads by size. Just replace the code I posted in the screenshot above with the following code. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 12.26.35 PM.png