Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue in dam properties

Level 8

I have a user 'abc' in two environments(test&uat), In both the environments the user 'abc' having same permissions.

But when I open the asset properties The properties look completely different than on test

UAT - wrong fields, also tabs don't show all required mandatory fields.

Test- as Expected showing correct results.

Can anyone help 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Asset will use metadata schema applied on the folder or its parent folder where it is present. All assets in a folder will have the same schema. You can check schema applied on folder using folder properties as mentioned in my above post.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@Vani1012 that happens when the metadata schemas are different in these 2 environments.

Can you try exporting a package of schema from this path: /conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension/metadataschema and import the same to UAT env?

This will start showing same metadata fields in both the asset properties.

Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 

If you have already attempted the suggestions previously mentioned and the issue remains unresolved, one possible solution to try would be to delete the current schema, apply the default schema and observe if you get the changes.  Afterward, you may reinstall the schema you wish to use and evaluate if it makes a difference.

Employee

@Vani1012  : Check on two things :

a)same metadata schema with same set of fields etc exists on both env.

Check here : 

http://<server:port>/mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/metadataschemaeditor/schemalist.html?formPath=/conf...

b)same metadata schema has been applied on the folder where you are testing or on the root folder.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 5.15.52 PM.png

Check on asset folder properties for checking metadata schema  applied on it:

http://localhost:4502/mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/assets/v2/foldersharewizard.html/content/dam/<fold...path>

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 5.37.39 PM.png

If you have access to crxde you can also check folder's properties where you are testing , should have metadata schema or any of its root folder. By default , all have default schema applied. Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 5.34.35 PM.png

Correct answer by
Employee

Asset will use metadata schema applied on the folder or its parent folder where it is present. All assets in a folder will have the same schema. You can check schema applied on folder using folder properties as mentioned in my above post.

Community Advisor

Check metadata schemas in both the environments first .Then check from folder properties which metadata schema is applied .

Himanshu Jain