Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to independently scale layered assets in an image preset?

Level 2

Hello!

First a little background. I am serving up a Scene7 asset that is made up of two layers, a base image and a play button. The base image layer is a smart crop whose width and height are being constrained by the image preset (1200 x 500). This image preset is also handling the layering of the base layer and the play button.

Here is the code that I am using to manage the layering, cropping, etc.:
&layer=0&fit=crop&layer=1&scale=1&src=URL/play-button-shadow&originN=0,0

This works fine for placing the play button in the center of the background image. 

The issue is that, because the asset is being scaled to fit the image preset, the size of the play button changes with every image.

So my question ... is it possible to have one layer of an image preset scale independently from the other layer? If so, how would I do this?

Thanks!!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It is a great little demo! 
And it is a great question why adobe does not promote its possibilities better.
I don't know, but i have my suspicions. 
It might come of as misleading to show this beauty of a user menu. When Compared to the download menu for the dynamic media (which is basically a text box where you can write in your image modifiers), this demo gives the impression that this system comes ootb with an elegant, good looking and easy to use and understand menu for ALL the users to create dynamic media. 
The system is able to be used to archive this, don't get me wrong.
But the interface it is not user intuitive.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Just an idea, not shure if this solves the issue:
Have you tried to use with (wid=200) and height (hei=50) values for the button, instead of scaling?

Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion!! I did try to do that, but having the wid / hei values in the image modifier ends up resizing the whole asset ... not just the button. Those values replace the "width" and "height" in the image preset. See the attached screen shots. 

Community Advisor

I have another idea. Have you tried out templating your combination?
https://landing.adobe.com/en/na/dynamic-media/ctir-2755/dynamic-assets.html

Here you can play with examples.

Level 2

That's a great little demo, thank you for sharing! I don't understand why Adobe doesn't promote that a little more.

No, actually haven't tried to template out the combination. That's a good suggestion, I'm not sure how it would work with our implementation ... BUT I'll take a deeper look.

This specific layered asset is being used in AJO emails, so I'm trying to keep it simple for the developers who need to create/deploy the various files that might need the play button.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It is a great little demo! 
And it is a great question why adobe does not promote its possibilities better.
I don't know, but i have my suspicions. 
It might come of as misleading to show this beauty of a user menu. When Compared to the download menu for the dynamic media (which is basically a text box where you can write in your image modifiers), this demo gives the impression that this system comes ootb with an elegant, good looking and easy to use and understand menu for ALL the users to create dynamic media. 
The system is able to be used to archive this, don't get me wrong.
But the interface it is not user intuitive.

Administrator

@typehack Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni