Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Indexing issue when trying to get a node name matching a value from JCR

Adobe Champion

I have the below query to get a image node from an instance over 1 million assets 

type=dam:Asset

path=/content/dam/company/product-assets

nodename=test.tif

p.limit=-1

XPATH Query

/jcr:root/content/dam/company/product-assets//element(*, dam:Asset)
[
(fn:name() = 'test.tif')
]

SQL2

select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [dam:Asset] as a where name(a) = 'test.tif' and isdescendantnode(a, '/content/dam/company/product-assets')

This gives me node traversal error. Can someone help me how I can recreate this query or how to index fn:name?

Below is what the oak generation tool gave definition for creating index and this is still in place But still it gives indexing error.

P_V_Nair_0-1661440924530.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try this 

path= /content/dam/company/product-assets
property = jcr:primaryType
property.name = dam:Asset
fulltext = test.tif
p.limit=-1

As there is already an index for fulltext you should not get any traversal error, if you still get the same error. I would suggest adding an addtional identifier to the query.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try this 

path= /content/dam/company/product-assets
property = jcr:primaryType
property.name = dam:Asset
fulltext = test.tif
p.limit=-1

As there is already an index for fulltext you should not get any traversal error, if you still get the same error. I would suggest adding an addtional identifier to the query.

Adobe Champion

Hi @Anmol_Bhardwaj  Thanks for your time. But, if my understanding is correct, this query will search for the full text in the repo and return all results matching that text.tif. It will even list any property nodes containing that text instead of returning the correct matching node alone. So we might need to go for additional logic in the code to validate it. Is my understanding correct?

Community Advisor

fulltext will just look for certain fields like node name or jcr:title.

If you need to expand or restrict the nodes it searched for, you can use fulltext.relpath

fulltext.relPath is the relative path to search in (eg. property or subnode) eg. fulltext.relPath=jcr:content or fulltext.relPath=jcr:content/@cq:tags

You can also add wildcard to it example fulltext.relPath=jcr:content/*

This was you can restrict where and which nodes it searches.