Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to edit product information in /etc/assets/[project_name].....

Level 3

I am working on a project where they started in AEM 6.3 and have upgraded to AEM 6.5.9. I have not seen this before but they have commerce product types stored in /etc/assets/[project_name]/[subfolder_name/assset_name format. 

In 6.5.x, how would one create/modify/delete these items in a UI? I can use crx/de to do some things but I'm looking for the UI that provides the form for structure and fields.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I think I have it sorted now. There was an overlay of the menu that wasn't working. I deleted it from the project and now the default menu works fine.

I'd still like to see the full documentation at some point though.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @RobertHarper, as far as I know the only OOTB interface apart of crx/de that will allow you create/modify/delete elements stored under /etc is Classic UI tools. You can access it under /miscadmin, e.g. http://localhost:4502/miscadmin.

Please be aware that Classic UI is deprecated for a while and should not be consider as a long term solution. If above structure stores assets, than it could be good idea to move them under /content/dam - this is dedicated place in AEM to store and manage your assets.

Level 3

I know that the classic UI is deprecated and not really supported in 6.5. The thing is that in our dev, QA, and stage instances, the old tools are working. I am on the same version, 6.5.9 but there is something I'm missing in my local instance that allows them to work.

Level 3

I have followed the migration document and moved the products to /var/commerce/products and the items show in the list. The problem now is getting the context based action bar to show with available actions when a product item is selected. If I use the card view and then click on the information icon, the correct edit form is shown for the product type but in list or column view, the action bar does not contain any items when a product is selected.

Level 3

In card view, I can click on the information icon and the correct edit form is shown so that is working. What I need to know now is how to change the action bar so that the create, properties, and other items so when the product item is selected. Currently, the action bar is shown but there are no visible buttons being shown.

Could someone point me to the documentation that states how to show a custom action bar based on the product type?

Correct answer by
Level 3

I think I have it sorted now. There was an overlay of the menu that wasn't working. I deleted it from the project and now the default menu works fine.

I'd still like to see the full documentation at some point though.