Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

GIF images not working with adobe dynamic media

Level 3

Hi,

We are trying to replicate a gif image to adobe dynamic server. It's get replicated successfully but when we requesting the image using dynamic media url it's giving a static image (like jpeg) instead of animated image & the format is same(gif).

Is there any parameter we need to add while requesting this image as in case of transparent image we do "fmt=png-alpha" . Is any parameter we need to pass or gif is not supported by dynamic media. i have tried it with "gif-alpha" but unfortunately it doesn't worked. We are using 6.2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello Karan,

You need to create the property "dam:dmStatic (boolean)" in the "metadata/ folder" of the asset and set it to true.

Screen Capture attached

This is needs to be done explicitly, since GIFs are considered image content and will otherwise be delivered through /is/image.

After creating the value, change "/is/image" to "is/content"

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

animatedgif_dynamicmedia.jpg

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Administrator

Moving this Question to AEM Assets Topic!!

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello Karan,

You need to create the property "dam:dmStatic (boolean)" in the "metadata/ folder" of the asset and set it to true.

Screen Capture attached

This is needs to be done explicitly, since GIFs are considered image content and will otherwise be delivered through /is/image.

After creating the value, change "/is/image" to "is/content"

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

animatedgif_dynamicmedia.jpg

Level 2

VikramGaur

We are facing a similar problem:

• Out of the box  for gif images AEM is creating .png rendition and without animation
  • With Dynamic media also the renditions are loosing animation

I am trying your solution but not sure where to find "is/image" property.

Could you please help..

Employee Advisor

Hello Nirbhays,

Which AEM version are you using?

When you invoke your AEM instance, what run mode you have configured (dynamicmedia or dynamicmedia_scene7)?

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2

Hi Vikram,

I am using AEM 6.4.2 and run mode is configured to dynamicmedia_scene7.

Thanks.

Nirbhay Singh

Level 1

vikramt48656959

Hi Vikram,

We are using AEM 6.4.2 and run mode is configured to dynamicmedia_scene7.

Thanks.

Amit

Employee Advisor

Hi Nirbhays,

I will be setting up an AEM 6.4.2 instance with DMS7 configuration (runmode=dynamicmedia_scene7) at my end and will do some research on this.

I will get back to you on this.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Employee Advisor

Hi Nirbhay,

As I already mentioned, once you have uploaded your Animated GIF image on your AEM instance, you need to create the property "dam:dmStatic (boolean)" in the "metadata node" of the image. (just like the Screen Capture on the post)

You need to use the /crx/de (CRXDE Lite) to access the "metadata node"

Dynamic Renditions will be created with "/is/image" path, once dam:Static property is created, you may replace it with "is/content" to serve the image with Animation.

In case, you are still facing issue, please open a ticket on https://daycare.day.com/home.html or send an email to s7support@adobe.com

Community Advisor

@Vikram_Gaur_ is it still the case for AEM 6.5.8? adding that "dam:dmstatic" for syncing animated gifs to Dynamic Media on the image metadata? 

can you point me to any documentation?

Employee Advisor

Hi Shashi, For AEM 6.5.8, you need to add "dam:dmstatic" properties on the Image's metadata, for animated gifs to Dynamic Media.
There is no documentation for this, but on the post, you will surely find, step by step instructions.

Level 4

HI @Vikram_Gaur_ ,

I'm using cloud and facing the same with gif images on DM. May I know where /is/image would be created? And may I have the sample path or screenshot please for the same?

Thanks in advance!

Employee Advisor

Hi Lakshmi,

I have not tested this above solution, on AEM as a Cloud Service, as to access CRXDE, you might need Developer Console access for your AEM Cloud environment.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 4

Hi @Vikram_Gaur_ thank you for the reply. I'm using cloud in my local & have dev console access too. May I know that, generally where it get's created "/is/image"?  So that will try to check the same on cloud.