Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Files with mimetype text/* don't show up in Asset Finder

Level 2

I can upload .txt, .csv and .xlsx files into the DAM, but then when editing a page, I can only find the xlsx file in the Asset Finder (left panel).  I suspect this issue is around the mimetype.  The files not displaying have a mimetype of text/plain and text/csv.  The xlsx, which does show up, has a filetype of application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet.

What do I need to do for text/* mimetypes to show up in the Asset Finder?

(The reason I want to upload a csv file in particular is we are converting it to json and displaying the results in a datatable that accepts json.)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Please have a look at the documentation:

Which references the github sample:

You may need to overide OOTB servlet for this:

com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.servlets.contentfinder.AssetViewHandler

http://www.computepatterns.com/153/overriding-out-of-the-box-servlet-in-aem-sling/

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Please have a look at the documentation:

Which references the github sample:

You may need to overide OOTB servlet for this:

com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.servlets.contentfinder.AssetViewHandler

http://www.computepatterns.com/153/overriding-out-of-the-box-servlet-in-aem-sling/

Level 2

Thank you for this information. I will certainly start digging into these resources. We've already written some customizations for the Asset Finder.

I'm disappointed there isn't some configurable way to simply add a mimetype of "text/csv" to what is displayed for the Documents category.