Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

dynamic media in aem 6.2 changing the transparent png image background to white

Level 2

I am using the dynamic media to render images in AEM 6.2. However when I try to render a transparent image using Dynamic Media , the resulting image is turned to a normal image with white background.

For Example , content path in DAM : /content/dam/silversea-com/19.png

Rendering using dynamic media with this path : /is/image/content/dam/silversea-com/19.png??wid=90&hei=90

(even /is/image/content/dam/silversea-com/19.png for that matter )

Any idea why this is occurring ?

Thanks

Sachin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Try rendering the image using png-alpha format , like adding &fmt=png-alpha to the url.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Administrator

Moving this to AEM Assets topic!!

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Employee

Try rendering the image using png-alpha format , like adding &fmt=png-alpha to the url.

Level 1

Except adding a format string isn't possible when using something like Core Image.

How do we get Dynamic Media and Core components to respect transparency on images? If the source images has an alpha channel it stands to reason that the resulting variations would retain that. 

Employee

When utilizing the Image Component V2 with the Dynamic Media (DM) feature enabled, it becomes possible to incorporate an image modifier. By adding parameters such as "&fmt=png-alpha" or "&fmt=webp-alpha," you can enable the alpha channel and transparency. I recommend referring to the information provided in the help article at the following link:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/wcm-components/v2-c...