Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic Media Component without selectable viewer presets

Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to use Dynamic Media Component to show published assets.

I've configured Dynamic Media connection (as described on this page https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/integration/dynamic-media/config-dynamic.html). When I'm publishing assets (image or video) I can see in error.log that everything is published to Dynamic Media as expected.

I've assigned Processing Profile with Video and Image Profiles to the folder where assets are stored.

Also I've tried to restart instance, restarting bundle for Dynamic Media. 

The problem is when I trying to configure Dynamic Media Component on a page I can't choose anything from Viewer Preset (see screenshot attached). Behavior is the same for Classic and Touch UI. However I see lots of default Viewer Presets in Tools > Assets > Dynamic Media Settings. How to use them on a page?

AEM version 6.1 without service packs.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

To deliver an asset with a viewer preset, you must replicate/publish the viewer preset. (All viewer presets must be activated and replicated to obtain the URL or embed code for an asset.) See Publishing Viewer Presets for more information

about the error log posted, something was wrong with the steps taken because something is null - you can check in jcr or else in config:

libs.dam.components.scene7.dynamicmedia.dynamicmedia$jsp Unable to save imageserverurl and videoserverurl java.lang.NullPointerException: Value should not be null (key = assetType)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

Hello again,

Also when I adding Dynamic Media Component to a page there is error appearing in error.log regarding this component.

Logs are attached.

Thanks.

Level 1

sandeepm744005 wrote...

We are also seeing the same issue, did you get any help from Adobe ?

Hi,

No, I haven't received any help from Adobe.

Are you sure that your asset is published to DM?

However I managed to configure DM by following https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/content/dynamic-media/config-dynamic.html. Please be aware that before configuring DM you need to choose Scenario from table in 'Supported Dynamic Media Configurations' section.

The major part where I've got an issue (I guess) is that you need to drag&drop only video or image that is already published to DM into the Dynamic Media Component, so maybe it will also solve your issue.

Please let me know if it helped.

Correct answer by
Employee

To deliver an asset with a viewer preset, you must replicate/publish the viewer preset. (All viewer presets must be activated and replicated to obtain the URL or embed code for an asset.) See Publishing Viewer Presets for more information

about the error log posted, something was wrong with the steps taken because something is null - you can check in jcr or else in config:

libs.dam.components.scene7.dynamicmedia.dynamicmedia$jsp Unable to save imageserverurl and videoserverurl java.lang.NullPointerException: Value should not be null (key = assetType)