Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

dependency version of asset share commons

Level 8

Hi, 

I downloaded asset share commons ui.apps, ui content packages(1.9.4) in crxd using package manager in aem instance.

I have a maven project to this I added asset share commons dependencies with 1.6.10 version like this 

<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.aem.commons</groupId>
<artifactId>assetshare.core</artifactId>
<version>1.6.10</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.aem.commons</groupId>
<artifactId>assetshare.ui.apps</artifactId>
<version>1.6.10</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
<type>content-package</type>
</dependency>

will this version(1.6.10) works fine because in crxd I downloaded asset share commons 1.9.4 version please help me on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012,

You have to use the same versions on AEM and project level. 1.6.10 will not work on AEM 6.5, as it was developed before AEM 6.5 was released. 1.9.4 works on AEM 6.5 without issue, so please make sure your maven dependencies corresponds with version you have on AEM.

In case you will use different version on project and AEM level, as a result code that you have compiled and build could not work correctly/ or not work at all on AEM instance due to difference in the version.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012,

You have to use the same versions on AEM and project level. 1.6.10 will not work on AEM 6.5, as it was developed before AEM 6.5 was released. 1.9.4 works on AEM 6.5 without issue, so please make sure your maven dependencies corresponds with version you have on AEM.

In case you will use different version on project and AEM level, as a result code that you have compiled and build could not work correctly/ or not work at all on AEM instance due to difference in the version.