Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Custom Search Form for DAM content path

Level 3

When you customize the "Assets Admin Search Rail" search forum the changes you make (adding predicates for example) are visible in all contexts in Assets.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/operations/search-forms.html

Is there any way to have the custom predicates only show for specific paths in the content tree?  Eg. not visible in /content/dam/abc but visible in /content/dam/def

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

>especially in multi-tenant scenarios where different groups with vastly different metadata share a common DAM repo

For a multi-tenant scenario, instead of doing this at filter level. You would create different schemas for each tenant or path. Then customize the UI to pick up, those different schemas. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Metadata Schemas can be applied per folder but Search facets not. You can review how it is being done for metadata schemas and replicate that accordingly.

Thanks.

Level 3

Thanks for the response / confirmation.

Is the implementation for Metadata Schemas something you are familiar with?  Just wondering if you can save me some reverse engineering... what components / code should I be looking at to implement this custom functionality?

Any idea on level of effort?

We had already configured the custom metadata schema for our specific folder in the DAM.

Seems like something that should be available OOTB, especially in multi-tenant scenarios where different groups with vastly different metadata share a common DAM repo.  But then they have to sift through everyone elses metadata values in the filter.

Correct answer by
Employee

>especially in multi-tenant scenarios where different groups with vastly different metadata share a common DAM repo

For a multi-tenant scenario, instead of doing this at filter level. You would create different schemas for each tenant or path. Then customize the UI to pick up, those different schemas.