Expand my Community achievements bar.

clipPathE Command Reference in Dynamic Renditions

Level 1

I have a TIF file which contains a single layer and single clipping path named "Path 1". I'm trying to use the command reference "clipPathE" to modify my download in order to download the asset in the "TIFF with Alpha" format so that everything that falls outside the area defined by clipPathE is transparent. 

The image modifier I entered was formatted like this:

clipPathE= Path%201

An asset is downloading but it doesn't contain the transparency that I'm expecting. Is there anything I should be doing differently?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@ahe7 have you checked this KB article?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-22935.html?lang=en

Since the default output format is jpeg, which doesn’t support transparency, using either of the above might give the impression that it doesn’t work because the transparency is converted into the background color. You might want to use fmt=png-alpha instead to bleed the website background through the image.

Level 1

Hi @Saravanan_Dharmaraj,

(Sorry, replying to the original post rather than the nested thread as the system seems to be swallowing my replies)

I have read the documentation linked in your reply, thank you for sharing! Is clipPathE only able to be used as a URL parameter? I am trying to download a dynamic rendition of my source asset by customizing its image preset properties, using clipPathE as a command in the Image Modifier field. This seems to be working for other command references such as op_blur. I've tried downloading as fmt=png-alpha and fmt=tif-alpha, and only the latter gives me a result at all (albeit still with an opaque background).