Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Auto-Publishing PDF Documents in Scene7

Level 2

My company uses AEM 6.5 Assets and Dynamic Media/Scene7. We use Scene7 to generate URLs for each of our individual assets, both images and PDF documents. The asset URLs are then pushed to a variety of downstream systems (Marketo, Sites, digital publishers, etc.). By using URLS for individual assets, whenever a update is made to any of our assets (including PDFs), the downstream systems point to the most current version of the asset. Many of our assets are PDF documents (white papers, case studies, etc.)

Oddly enough, Scene7 auto-publishes images but not PDF documents. Scene7 only auto-publishes PDF documents as e-catalog, which we don't use. Each time we upload a PDF document, we have to manually publish the PDF.

Does anyone have any experience with this? If not, is there someone I can reach out to at Adobe to suggest a feature enhancement for Scene7 to auto-publish PDF documents?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Employee Advisor

Hi Christina,

On Adobe Scene 7 Publishing System (SPS), you can change a setting for uploading PDF documents.

PDF documents are not published, when you have Processing = rasterize, for PDF options (under Upload Job Options)

VikramGaur_0-1579114347754.png

In case, you are not using eCatalog, please un-check Auto-Generate eCatalog option and change the Processing to None and it will publish PDF automatically (when you upload them)

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

22 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Christina,

On Adobe Scene 7 Publishing System (SPS), you can change a setting for uploading PDF documents.

PDF documents are not published, when you have Processing = rasterize, for PDF options (under Upload Job Options)

VikramGaur_0-1579114347754.png

In case, you are not using eCatalog, please un-check Auto-Generate eCatalog option and change the Processing to None and it will publish PDF automatically (when you upload them)

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2
Hi Vikram! Thank you for the information. I followed the steps you provided, but PDF documents continue to auto-publish as eCatalogs not as PDF documents. I have my PDF Options set as follows: Processing (None), Extract (None). Am I doing something wrong, or is there another step I need to take?

Employee Advisor

Hi Christina,

Please make sure "Auto-Generate eCatalog from multiple page PDF" is unchecked.

VikramGaur_0-1579208087670.png

Also, are you uploading that PDF file from your AEM instance or directly on Scene 7 Publishing System?

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2
We upload it to Workfront. We have a connector that moves the file from Workfront to Assets.

Level 2
Also, Yes, the "Auto-Generate eCatalog from multiple page PDF" is unchecked.

Employee Advisor

Hi Christina,

There could be a possibility, upload from AEM / Dynamic Media is not picking those PDF settings (Processing = None and unchecked Auto-Generate eCatalog option) and that is why PDF are still unpublished.

As a testing, can you upload a PDF directly on Adobe Scene 7 Publishing System and check the results?

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2
Hello Vikram Gaur! I just uploaded a pdf directly to Scene7, and it auto-publishes. As you suggested, it appears that AEM / Dynamic Media is not picking up the PDF settings in Dynamic Media (Processing = None and unchecked Auto-Generate eCatalog option). Do you have any suggestions on what can be done so AEM picks up the settings in Dynamic Media?

Employee Advisor

Hi Christina,

Is Dynamic Media configuration (on your AEM instance) is using the same login credentials, that you used to test the direct upload of PDF file? (on Adobe Scene 7 Publishing System)

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2
No. I use an SSO login for AEM. When I login to Scene7, I use a Scene7 login.

Employee Advisor

Hi Christina,

I was referring to the login credentials used for Dynamic Media configuration (Tools -> Cloud Services -> Dynamic Media Configuration)

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2
Hi Vikram, when I open Tools > Cloud Services > Dynamic Media Configuration, the login credentials are "adam@hoodoodigital.com". Hoodoo Digital is a company we used to help us implement/configure AEM Assets and DMS7. Do we need to use different login credentials for DMS7?

Level 2
Sorry, to answer your original question "Is Dynamic Media configuration (on your AEM instance) using the same login credentials?" The answer is no. The login credentials for DM configuration on our AEM instance is Adam@HoodooDigital.com. When I logged into Scene7 and uploaded the PDF that auto-published, I logged in using my own Scene7 login credentials (Christina.Trujillo@centurylink.com).

Employee Advisor

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your response.

This is the reason, you have different results for PDF upload (AEM/DynamicMedia upload vs Manual Upload)

Your user login on Scene 7 Publishing System has PDF setting saved (processing=none and unchecked "Auto creation of eCatalog) and possibly the other user (configured for Dynamic Media) has a different setting for PDF upload.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2
No, that's not the case. Adam just checked his settings in Scene7 and they are all set up as you recommended (processing=none and unchecked "Auto creation of eCatalog). Is there a way for me to send you a screen shot of Adam's Scene7 PDF settings so you can confirm?

Level 2

Vikram, the Dynamic Media Configuration login credentials (adam@hoodoodigital.com) are the same as the login credentials for Scene7. Adam logged into Scene7 using these same credentials and confirmed that the PDF option settings in Scene7 are set up as you recommended. To test the process, Adam just logged into Scene7 directly and uploaded a PDF. The PDF auto-published as a PDF. However, when Adam uploads a PDF to AEM Assets, the PDF does NOT auto-publish in Scene7. There seems to be a bug where Scene7 is not picking up the auto-publish configuration. How do we get this fixed?

Level 2
Vikram, using the information you shared, our implementation partner tested a fix on stage and it appears to have fixed the issue. We will submit a CAB to AMS for our production environment. Thank you so much for your help! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this resolves the problem.

Employee Advisor
Your Welcome Christina, please do share the details about the fix (applied on your STAGE environment)

Level 2
In stage, we updated the jobParam to read “pdfprocess=None&resolution=150&colorspace=Auto&pdfbrochure=false&keywords=true&links=true”

Employee Advisor
Thank you for sharing the fix Chritina, I hope this will work on your Production environment as well