Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset Report Generation

Level 2

Hello,

Currenty we have using AEMAACS and in that AEM DAM has around 90k assets and few sub folders has around 28k to 40k assets we need to generate an Asset report and in that dam:sha1 value need to be included.

In AEM OOTB Asset Report we are not able to add dam:sha1 value.
Using servlet we have written the code but its taking too much time and some times time out error. 

Is there any other way that we can add dam:sha1 value in our asset report using AEM OOTB Asset Reports or using ACS Commons package.

please help me solve the requirement.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

(edit: forgot to mention you and i am not sure if you get a notification if i do not @VJain03  you)

There are many properties that do not show up when you click the "open selection dialoge" button.
Just write the name of the property. name the column as you want and write in the value:
/jcr:content/metadata/dam:sha1
in the "Property to map" field then proceed and the report will contain the value.

AdilosCantuerk_0-1709215221313.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@VJain03 I have written a simple query to read the dam:sha1 property of an asset, it brings the assets with that property. If your query gets time out or traversal error, please check the property exists in index. 

path=/content/dam/pathtoassetfolder
p.limit=-1
property=jcr:content/metadata/dam:sha1
property.operation=exists
p.hits=selective
p.properties=jcr:content/metadata/dam:sha1

Level 2

Thanks for the reply @Saravanan_Dharmaraj but we want it to happen in AEM OOTB Assect Report if possible

Employee

You can use report builder under ACS AEM Commons to include any metadata property in result columns. All reports are downloadable as csv. You can easily create your custom reports https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/report-builder/index.html

Community Advisor

Sorry - big edit:
@VJain03 wouldn't it be possible to add
jcr:content/metadata/dam:sha1
to your report as a custom metadata?

AdilosCantuerk_0-1709116533648.png

I know it its possible to create a csv export using that value - and it is possible to merge two csv files based on AssetPath column.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply @Adilos-Cantuerk, but dam:sha1 property is not present if we add through custom coulmn addition using AEM OOTB Report  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

(edit: forgot to mention you and i am not sure if you get a notification if i do not @VJain03  you)

There are many properties that do not show up when you click the "open selection dialoge" button.
Just write the name of the property. name the column as you want and write in the value:
/jcr:content/metadata/dam:sha1
in the "Property to map" field then proceed and the report will contain the value.

AdilosCantuerk_0-1709215221313.png

Community Advisor

To give you some additional advice... I wish i was told this earlier.
It is very useful to go into your crxde and have a look into the properties of an asset.

Open up a file in /content/dam/ and check all the properties that a jcr:content node provides.
Some filetypes have more things in there than other filetypes
There are probably gems in there that are useful to you and your company and will probably not come up in a documentation or thread. 
This becomes very useful - not only for csv exports and reports, but also if you want to provide additional options in the asset search rail or adaptations of your metadata schemata.

Administrator

@VJain03 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni