Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Cloud SDK Local Instance - Asset Upload queries

Level 3

hi all,

Forgive me for asking rather silly questions maybe but could use some support in understanding the below points- 

AEM Cloud offloads asset processing to microservices and processing profiles. Also, the assets are stored on a separate cloud database/blob which is used to access original assets and their renditions.

Query 1 - How is this flow mimicked on local cloud SDK?

I try to upload an asset on cloud SDK it stays stuck as seen below - 

PraveenKumarG_0-1723023105088.png

From the logs - 
07.08.2024 14:54:09.517 *INFO* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1723022649500] POST /content/dam/test.initiateUpload.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.assetcompute.impl.servlet.InitiateUploadAssetServlet initiate upload asset: Cqnamepathlist.txt, size: 56, mimeType: text/plain
07.08.2024 14:54:09.517 *INFO* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1723022649500] POST /content/dam/test.initiateUpload.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.assetcompute.impl.servlet.InitiateUploadAssetServlet initiate upload complete asset : Cqnamepathlist.txt, size: 56, mimeType: text/plain

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @gallaghan6,
There is a file in /libs "fileUpload.js" which basically handles the file upload code.
Please check if there is an overlay from /libs to /apps for a custom upload process. Assets do get uploaded on the local cloud SDK but they don't get uploaded to the binary storage as shown above. You won't be able to run any post-processing workflows as well.
As @EstebanBustamante suggests you should move to RDE for local development.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

This is not mirrored in the local SDK. Unfortunately, the way assets work in the local SDK is not the same as how they work on AEMaaCS. Your best option to troubleshoot this would be use a RDE,  please check more here: https://techrevel.blog/2024/02/14/aem-rde/ 

I hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @gallaghan6,
There is a file in /libs "fileUpload.js" which basically handles the file upload code.
Please check if there is an overlay from /libs to /apps for a custom upload process. Assets do get uploaded on the local cloud SDK but they don't get uploaded to the binary storage as shown above. You won't be able to run any post-processing workflows as well.
As @EstebanBustamante suggests you should move to RDE for local development.

Thanks

Level 3

Kudos @Rohan_Garg, however did you know that the overlay might be there?

I removed the overlayed node and it worked