Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Asset Link - Working with Workfront

Level 3

Hi all,

My organization wants to give our marketing team the ability to create asset references (embed/place assets from AEM into an InDesign file).From what I understand, this can only be done through Adobe Asset Link.

The marketing team uses Workfront and the Creative Suite to create marketing collateral. They push assets from Workfront into AEM through project linked folders enabled through a Workfront-AEM Connector, however they do not have AEM licenses (or at least, most of the content creators on the team don't have AEM licenses). My question is this: will my organization's current licensing allow members of the marketing team to search and embed assets through Adobe Asset Link? 

Bonus Question: Is there an equivalent to Adobe Asset Link for Workfront? By this I mean a tool that allows users to easily search and browse assets by tags/metadata stored in AEM within the Workfront interface.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MorganMeik These are 2 different integrations that can't be clubbed without a valid AEM license. 

Adobe Asset Link extension for Adobe Creative Cloud for enterprise extends the capability to search and browse, sort, preview, upload assets, check out, modify, check-in and view metadata of AEM assets within Creative Cloud applications.

In simple terms, you need Enterprise license and IDs for both creative cloud and AEM.

If users only have access to Workfront - AEM integration, they unfortunately, can't access the creative features related to Indesign or any other CC tool.

Answer to your bonus question - the feature is not available as of now (as per my current understanding and experience).

You might want to reach out to Adobe support to get any info on a future release or raise a feature request here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-ideas/idb-p/adobe-experien... 

Hope this clarifies.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MorganMeik These are 2 different integrations that can't be clubbed without a valid AEM license. 

Adobe Asset Link extension for Adobe Creative Cloud for enterprise extends the capability to search and browse, sort, preview, upload assets, check out, modify, check-in and view metadata of AEM assets within Creative Cloud applications.

In simple terms, you need Enterprise license and IDs for both creative cloud and AEM.

If users only have access to Workfront - AEM integration, they unfortunately, can't access the creative features related to Indesign or any other CC tool.

Answer to your bonus question - the feature is not available as of now (as per my current understanding and experience).

You might want to reach out to Adobe support to get any info on a future release or raise a feature request here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-ideas/idb-p/adobe-experien... 

Hope this clarifies.