Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Admin Asset Search Rail - Expiry - more and better options

Community Advisor

Hi dear community,

i hope you all have a wonderfull day!

As it currently is:
The current way to search for expired assets is the expirystatus within the statusgroup predicate.
It only has one option available Expired and this is clearly not everything interesting about the expiry.

In addition to this, the only option here, Expired, does not only show the expired assets themself BUT also files that have a expired asset within its dependencies!
For example, there is one icon that has expired. This only option will now not only list this one icon as a search result, but also every InDesign file that has the icon somewhere in it.
That waters down the search results very badly.

What i am now trying to archive is an expansion of options here and this is where you may come in with your ideas and knowledge.
Any idea and any input is very appreciated.

What i am looking for are the following options:

1. Expired: The asset itself is expired (Ignore Dependencies)
  2. Will expire: The asset will expire someday (Be careful using those on sites / print projects that will be used for a longer period of time
  3. The asset is free of an expiry restriction and can be used without having any fear that it will depublish itself / printed items do not have to be destroyed because one asset is no longer licensed
  4. Bonus option: I call it the "Care free option":
    The asset is not only free of an expiration date, but also has no DRM restrictions.
    No adobe_dam:restrictions and no xmpRights:WebStatement
  5. Bonus option 2: I call it the "handle with care / last chance to use) option:
    The asset will expire within the next 3 Months / 6 Months / current year

Now i create a options predicate and have a look at it in CRXDE.
This is where i currently am... but i think i might be wrong with this approach since

dam/gui/coral/components/admin/customsearch/searchpredicates/optionspredicate will check if the values that come after jcr:content/metadata/prism:expirationDate have the value "true"

I am looking for an option predicate that checks if 
jcr:content/metadata/prism:expirationDate...

1- has a value which is (Date-Value <= Now) = true 

2 - has a value which is (Date-Value >≠ Now) = true 

3 - has no value at all

4 - has no value AND ALSO no value in adobe_dam:restrictions AND NEITHER in xmpRights:WebStatement 

5 - has a value which is (Date-Value < Now+3Months / Now+6Months / etc.

Sorry for this wall of text but i rather try to explain it as best i can in the first entry.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Adilos-Cantuerk 

- Visit Adobe Experience Manager

- CLick on Ideas Tab

- Click "Share an Idea"

- Fill in the details and we are good to go

aanchalsikka_0-1694179591023.png

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Update:
I was going trough my options and thought long and hard about the date range predicate.
Might this be an option?

So i made in my local instance an overlay for
/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/customsearch/omnisearchpredicates/daterangepredicate/
and tried to modify this into something that is helpful.
My troubles started pretty quick, since this predicate it is clearly built to check for dates in the past.

The upper-and lowerboundlable are reversed and the Quickactions do not make a lot of sense - "last hour, last day, last week, etc."
So i could change the boolean showQuickActions = opt.get("showQuickActions", false); 
and i could easily remove the before date picker. Which leaves me with a single date picker that will show if assets will expire before the date the user puts in. 
Usefull but also the exact opposite of where i want this to go. Since this modification would cost me the "last modified" filter, since i do not know how to make both filter work, this comes with a too big cost.

Best case - Quickactions or Option checkboxes that show which asset can be used.
I keep you updated and would greatly appreciate your input.
You look awesome today

Community Advisor

Hello @Adilos-Cantuerk 

This seems like a very useful feature.

Can you possibly also submit this requirement under ideas section?

It would be good to have it OOTB

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

@aanchal-sikka thank you. I think so too!
Could you point me in the direction of the ideas section, i am not shure where to find it.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Adilos-Cantuerk 

- Visit Adobe Experience Manager

- CLick on Ideas Tab

- Click "Share an Idea"

- Fill in the details and we are good to go

aanchalsikka_0-1694179591023.png

Aanchal Sikka