Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why Regional Data Collection is required for Marketing Cloud ID Service ?

Level 2

Hi,

I've got just odd question. Why there is a requirement to have RDC for using Marketing Cloud ID Service ? I'm currently using 2o7.net domain and still can get Visitor ID when activated through DTM. Does RDC is to reduce latency and not to loss any data ? Or there are more implications when using 2o7.net domain for tracking server ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi , 

It is always recommended to implement RDC for Marketing Cloud ID Service and thus use ***.sc.omtrdc.net  domain for tracking server to reduce latency and data loss related issues.

Basically ,Regional data collection is a network of regional data collection centers (DCC) that aim to reduce latency and data loss associated with Adobe image requests. Data is collected at DCC sites throughout the world, then immediately forwarded to the Data Processing Center for processing. Please see the following link for more info : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/whitepapers/rdc/

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi , 

It is always recommended to implement RDC for Marketing Cloud ID Service and thus use ***.sc.omtrdc.net  domain for tracking server to reduce latency and data loss related issues.

Basically ,Regional data collection is a network of regional data collection centers (DCC) that aim to reduce latency and data loss associated with Adobe image requests. Data is collected at DCC sites throughout the world, then immediately forwarded to the Data Processing Center for processing. Please see the following link for more info : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/whitepapers/rdc/

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Thanks for the explanations. So does it mean, if I still use 2o7.net I can get the visitor ID but my data collected for the visitor will be obviously erroneous. Does my understanding is correct ?

Thanks

Level 9

That is correct. Technically you can use it, but you may see issues with the data. 

Best,

Tacia