Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using env:AEM_PROXY_HOST in the code

Level 5

We're using javax.mail in our code to send emails and we're also having a custom osgi config to store host, port, etc...

com.company.config.CompanyEmailService.cfg.json

{
"mail.smtp.host":"$[env:AEM_PROXY_HOST;default=proxy.tunnel]",
"mail.smtp.port":"30002",

}

How we can "make" aem to transform from this $[env:AEM_PROXY_HOST;default=proxy.tunnel] to something that we defined under advanced networking configuration.

{
            "name""smtp.gmail.com",
            "portDest"465,
            "portOrig"30002            
}

When mail.smtp.host is read from our custom config it stays unchanged and mail can't be send because it's using this string as is as a server name,  $[env:AEM_PROXY_HOST;default=proxy.tunnel],

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

We managed to resolved the issue by using System.getenv("AEM_PROXY_HOST")  in our code.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @nbg62 

SMTP configuration can be done as below example

{
"debug.email": false,
"smtp.user": "$[secret:smtpuser]",
"smtp.password": "$[secret:smtppassword]",
"smtp.port": 465,
"smtp.ssl": true,
"smtp.starttls": true,
"smtp.host": "in.mailjet.com",
"from.address": "XXXXXXXXXX"
}

And also you can refer to below URL as well

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/cloud-service/networking/examples/e...

Level 5

I understand that on Aem Cloud, port forwarding is required and $[env:AEM_PROXY_HOST;default=proxy.tunnel] needs to be used as stated in the URL that you shared ?

Community Advisor

@nbg62 It is not necessarly needed to every time use $[env:AEM_PROXY_HOST;default=proxy.tunnel] syntax. Still the old way of implementation on-prem works. 

This will be used only when we have 2 environment with same runmode. for ex: Dev and QA

In cloud dev and qa both are considered as dev environments so we can not have 2 different configurations. So it is recommanded to use $[env:AEM_PROXY_HOST;default=proxy.tunnel] way of implementation 

Level 5

Thanks  Jagadeesh,

I don't follow you on this, "This will be used only when we have 2 environment with same runmode. for ex: Dev and QA", I can distinguish every config/env, like config.author.dev, config.author.stage, etc...

Can you tell how's $[env:AEM_PROXY_HOST;default=proxy.tunnel]  mapped internally ?

Correct answer by
Level 5

We managed to resolved the issue by using System.getenv("AEM_PROXY_HOST")  in our code.