Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Identifying many options for "s.props" variable for sitecatalyst

Adobe Champion

Hi All , 

Recently tracking variables using sitecatalyst , I tracked few traffic variables like pageName seeing its value at both omniture end and tracking at AEM end . I wanted to know more about page level "s.props" tracking variables options . Few of them i saw were channel , PageType , PageURL etc. at global level .

Let me know more "s.props" options for page level tracking .

Thanx

Deepak

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Deepak,

To answer your question. Yes they are available from s.props1 to s.props75. They can be found under the the Admin Console > Report Suites. You need to select the Report Suite and then Click Edit Settings. Here you can add the traffic variables.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

There can be many facets of s.props depending upon your requirements. Props also let you correlate custom data with specific traffic-related events. These variables are embedded in the Analytics code on each page of your website. Through s.prop variables, Analytics lets you create custom reports, unique to your organization, industry, and business objectives. 

For example, if you are an automobile manufacturer, you may be interested in seeing "Most Popular Car Model" to complement your "Pages" report. You can accomplish this by allocating one of your traffic properties to represent car model. Then implement your code to pass in car model on the appropriate pages.

You can go through the below blog and article to understand some of the examples where they can be used:

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/traffic-variables-sprops/

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/props_counter.html

Thanks!

Adobe Champion

Hi Shekar ,

Thanks for your response , one of prop "pageName" i tracked . Seeing documentation you shared  i saw there are many s.props i.e 75 s.props variable .

Are they from s.props1 to s.props75 ? Also , i am not able to see s.props variable in SiteCatalyst Framework Content Finder corresponding to a particular report suite Id . Any idea how we can see for tracking . I tried by adding in Omniture Account custom traffic variable(props) for identifying more s.props variable and there tracking but same were not reflected in SiteCatalyst Framework in content finder . So , let me know your inputs .

Thanx

Deepak

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Deepak,

To answer your question. Yes they are available from s.props1 to s.props75. They can be found under the the Admin Console > Report Suites. You need to select the Report Suite and then Click Edit Settings. Here you can add the traffic variables.

Thanks!

Level 8

Hi Deepak,

Were you able to find the s.props?

Let us know

Regards

Rahul