Expand my Community achievements bar.

Set up Log Forwarding in App Builder is not working

Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the log forwarding in App Builder to forward the logs to Splunk Enterprise. I followed the steps mentioned in the below documentation. 

https://developer.adobe.com/app-builder/docs/guides/application_logging/splunk_enterprise/

Until step 2 is completed and confirmed, the hostname, port, and Splunk Authorization token details are correct. 

Step 3 is to set up log forwarding in App Builder. After all the details are provided, it waits for some time and fails with the below message. 

› Error: Could not update log forwarding settings for namespace '44534-appname': 400 (Bad Request). Error: {"reason":"Validation failed","message":"[Splunk (in.main-default-trusting-goodall-h2f5h21.cribl.cloud:8088): HTTP Error: Connect timed out]"}

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Siva

5 Replies

Employee
Employee

Hi, @Siva5CB9  the error is coming from your Splunk. The connection is timing out. Have you made sure your splunk is accessible on the public internet so that we can forward logs to it? 

Level 1

Hi @tmj ,

Thanks for your reply. 

Our Splunk is accessible on the public internet. I tested the connection using the curl command and received a successful connection message. 

Step 2 from the below link is successful, Step 3 is failing. 

https://developer.adobe.com/app-builder/docs/guides/application_logging/splunk_enterprise/

Regards,

Siva

Employee
Employee

Yep, step #3 is likely failing because your splunk is not accessible to public internet. 

Can you try to cURL into it from a different network? If you are on your company network you might still be able to access your Splunk via cURL but not the public internet. 

Level 1

Hi @tmj 

Our Splunk is accessible on the public internet. I tested the connection using the cURL command from out of the company network and it was successful.

Thanks,

Siva

Employee
Employee

@Siva5CB9for our developers to triage the issue, I'd ask you to open a support ticket with Adobe.