Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Jwt to oAuth migration for Adobe Target IMS Integration

Level 2

Hi team,

In developer console, I am getting waring "Your Service Account (JWT) credential has been deprecated" for my Adobe Target IMS Integration project.
 How can I migrate this to oAuth ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AkshaySwamiii The details for OAuth should be present in the new configuration you created as part of the migration process in the Adobe Developer Console[1]. From there, you can retrieve those values and set up the new IMS configuration.

Once that is done, you need to use this newly created IMS configuration with your "Target Cloud Service" configuration[2]—that’s all.

You will notice that the JWT token is no longer used in your Adobe Developer Console, allowing you to delete the JWT configuration confidently.

[1]. Adobe Developer Console -> Your Project -> Oauth Creds

EstebanBustamante_0-1723603399916.png

[2]. Cloud Services -> Target Config

EstebanBustamante_1-1723603544176.png

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee
Employee

Hello, have you read our migration guide and FAQs?

Level 2

yes, like i have added an equivalent OAuth Server-to-Server credential, then how to use cURL command when there is already a token and cURL command which is used by jwt and that is not editable ?

AkshaySwamiii_0-1723526653715.png

Employee
Employee

You must identify the software that uses the old JWT credential. Once you identify it, you must replace the JWT credential with the OAuth Server to Server credential.

Level 2

Are you talking about the Adobe IMS Configurations accounts that are using old jwt credential ?

AkshaySwamiii_0-1723534039582.png

Level 2

thanks, I gone through the article and I also referred 
 https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/security/setting...

AkshaySwamiii_0-1723545755998.png

On its point-6, I am getting confused like from where we get the details to fill for oAuth,  when in developer console there are details of jwt token only.

Employee
Employee

On the Dev Console, navigate to the OAuth Server-to-Server credential page. They contain the details you need to copy over. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AkshaySwamiii The details for OAuth should be present in the new configuration you created as part of the migration process in the Adobe Developer Console[1]. From there, you can retrieve those values and set up the new IMS configuration.

Once that is done, you need to use this newly created IMS configuration with your "Target Cloud Service" configuration[2]—that’s all.

You will notice that the JWT token is no longer used in your Adobe Developer Console, allowing you to delete the JWT configuration confidently.

[1]. Adobe Developer Console -> Your Project -> Oauth Creds

EstebanBustamante_0-1723603399916.png

[2]. Cloud Services -> Target Config

EstebanBustamante_1-1723603544176.png

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

Hi @EstebanBustamante,

Now, I have one confusion after creating similar oAuth credentials, I found that for both jwt and oAuth the information are same.

So, can I use this detail to fill Cloud Services -> Target Config ?

Employee
Employee

Yes. Also in your screenshot I can see your client secret. Please rotate it as soon as you complete the migration. 

Employee

Hello @AkshaySwamiii ,

maybe you find this recoding I made on how to migrate JWT to Oauth on the AEM-side helpful.

It should explain the background and steps to execute - and shows them step by step in a (hopefully) abbreviated and easy to consume fashion.