Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

What is the best way to export device tokens and relevant device details of Mobile App subscribers from Legacy system to ACS for history migration purpose?

Level 2

What is the best way to export device tokens and relevant device details of Mobile App subscribers from Legacy system to ACS for history migration purpose to send them Push Notifications?

- Campaign Workflows ?

- SDKs/APIs ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey,

I'd say via the SDKs would be the easiest/cleanest (& potentially best).

But if you can't, I have managed to do it at some point from a file import to ACS with tokens, Name of the App & Platform (ios, android) + any other data required (if you extended the appsubrcp resource).

In terms of loading the data, its kind of a 2 step process:

1. Load data to the AppSubRCP, need to do a enrichment of data linking the incoming data to existing Apps (using the value in your file & @name in Mobile Applications, that way you can update the mobileApp link). I also loaded the first 10 Characters of the token to the marketingcloudID field.

2.At the same time, load the same data to the PushNotificationStatus resource (just token & marketing cloudID). Similar to point 1, I loaded the first 10 Characters of the token to the marketingcloudID field.

Point 2 seems to be needed, otherwise you cant' actually view or see the appsubrcp data.

Cheers,

Don 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey,

I'd say via the SDKs would be the easiest/cleanest (& potentially best).

But if you can't, I have managed to do it at some point from a file import to ACS with tokens, Name of the App & Platform (ios, android) + any other data required (if you extended the appsubrcp resource).

In terms of loading the data, its kind of a 2 step process:

1. Load data to the AppSubRCP, need to do a enrichment of data linking the incoming data to existing Apps (using the value in your file & @name in Mobile Applications, that way you can update the mobileApp link). I also loaded the first 10 Characters of the token to the marketingcloudID field.

2.At the same time, load the same data to the PushNotificationStatus resource (just token & marketing cloudID). Similar to point 1, I loaded the first 10 Characters of the token to the marketingcloudID field.

Point 2 seems to be needed, otherwise you cant' actually view or see the appsubrcp data.

Cheers,

Don 

Level 2

Hi Don,

Very helpful. Thanks so much for this! The workflow approach worked the way you mentioned. I have one follow up question though.. you have mentioned using first 10 Characters of the token to the marketing cloud ID field. Is the marketing cloud id field are separate for each separate Push ID / tokens / device tokens? Or this marketing cloud id is separate for each Mobile App / Property? Is the first 10 character of the device / registration token right value for marketing cloud id?

Regarding your comment on the clean way to do this is SDK - Any steps or pointers how this can be accomplished for batch execution of many registration tokens to import them to ACS will be helpful?

Level 2

Awesome, glad to hear it worked for you  

So the first 10 characters was a just a random number I chose to hopefully always have a unique value in this field (a bit like what a real marketing cloud id would be). Yes, that value is separate/unique for each registration token, usually this would come via the SDK so a genuine value is assigned by the Adobe Experience Cloud.

In general it isn't that actual value that would traditionally go here, it was in the end, the only way I could get all the steps from loading data, viewing it, selecting it & eventually sending push messages to work.

For loading via the SDK, I haven't managed to do this as in the end we were just being given a file to load. 

Cheers,

Don

Level 2

Thanks again Don!  I understand you didn't use in your implementation SDK approach to load the Device tokens and related info to ACS. But just to confirm here, you are able to successfully send Push Notification using the Device tokens that are uploaded to AppSubRCP in ACS using batch workflows in flat files?

Level 2

Yep, we are able to successfully send push notifications to those tokens