Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Voucher Code Use Case

Level 2

Hi all ,

I have a use case in my organization where i have a .csv file with one column "voucherCode" having 50000 codes .

Now i want to send one voucher code to one user in an email template along with other HTML content .

1. One Voucher can be used once .

2. There is no recipient - voucher mapping .

3. Any voucher can go to any qualified user .

Please guide me .

Feel free to ask questions .

Regards,

Vipin

+919015631285

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi All ,

I am able to solve this use case ,

I have added one voucherid in the Query activity that is used to fetch vouchers from voucher table . Secondly i have added one new column with same name voucherid (usingRowId () function) in enrichment activity and finally took an intersection of two transitions with same voucher id column .

Regards,

Vipin

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Vipin,

Interesting use case! Do you plan on doing this one time only or could the same or remaining codes be reused later?

Will you do some specific targeting as well or can any recipient of the database get a code?

What prevents you from using the same code 50000 times? Or from generating a unique code for all recipients from Campaign? (For example a base code like "OCTOBER17" concatenated with a unique ID).

Let me know more about your use case,

Florent

Level 10

Hi Vipin,

Were you able to find a way to do it? Otherwise please let me know the details asked just above and I'll try to find if there is a way.

Florent

Level 2

Thanks Florent .

Apologies for the delayed response .

1. We are planning to use this for one time only and remaining will be given back to client as unused marked .

2. We will definitely filter recipients on some filters like people purchasing some items will get this voucher .

3. Voucher code will be provided by client so that it can be used while booking on the website . This is something will be given to us in a flat file .

Please find above some of the answers to your question .

Basically we have a workflow running that send email to some set of people after proper segmentation . Now , client wants to include one user one voucher code from a flat file (To be provided by client) .

Regards,

Vipin

Level 10

Hi Vipin,

The difficulty here is that it seems there is no way to reconcile the voucher codes to specific recipients. My best guess would be to load the voucher file and to use some JavaScript to populate a custom field of the nms:recipients table for the recipients that you have targeted. But I'm no expert in JS so I'm not sure I can help you with this specific step.

Florent

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi All ,

I am able to solve this use case ,

I have added one voucherid in the Query activity that is used to fetch vouchers from voucher table . Secondly i have added one new column with same name voucherid (usingRowId () function) in enrichment activity and finally took an intersection of two transitions with same voucher id column .

Regards,

Vipin