Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Update the No Longer Contact flag...

Level 3

Is there a way to update the no longer contact flag when the email address gets updated?

We currently have a process where if a customer bounces we notify them to update their email address. When they do update their email address during the import the email address updates but the no longer contact does. Is there a way to update that flag when the email changes?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hm, how do you set the "do not contact" in the first place?

If there is a bounce, it normally creates a Quarantine record inside ACS and does not set the flag.

The Quarantine record tough is bound to the E-Mail address, i.e. with a changed address, they would be contacted again.

Else you may handle it in the import workflow:

• Reconcile with existing profile
  • if existing profile + different email address => reset the flag

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hm, how do you set the "do not contact" in the first place?

If there is a bounce, it normally creates a Quarantine record inside ACS and does not set the flag.

The Quarantine record tough is bound to the E-Mail address, i.e. with a changed address, they would be contacted again.

Else you may handle it in the import workflow:

• Reconcile with existing profile
  • if existing profile + different email address => reset the flag

Level 3

Hey Ramon,

Would you be able to assist me on how to do this in the import workflow. I'm running into a wall.

I'm struggling getting the workflow to identify the different email. I might be going at this the wrong way.

Employee Advisor

sure, what you can do:

• Load file to process the input information
  • Add reconciliation activity
    • Under relations add profile
    • add a join based on the ID to match the record (e.g. customer number, ...)
  • in the next step you can access the profile and compare it with the data from the file

Those this indeed only will work if you do have some criteria on the profile which stays the same after the change (e.g. customer ID) or if the input file contains the old e-mail address

Level 3

So I can get that far, but I'm stuck with what activity to use to recognize it's different and change the flag... I might be going about this the wrong way. 

This is what I have so far when I'm testing this.

derekw42533281_0-1663684207881.png

derekw42533281_1-1663684222777.png

Level 3

Figured it out! I just need to have my segment activity set as a temporary DB and have it look at the reconciliation activity.