Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Uninstalling the campaign client console

Level 4

Uninstalling my campaign console - how do I go about doing this so that all traces of the console are removed? Cookies, registry entries et al?

I want to do this to upgrade to a later version of the client; right now after I re-install, I still have the same issues and I’m able to see cached data of my navigation etc.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Naveen,

It should be in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Neolane\NL_5 .

You can simply type %appdata% in the Run box and should land in Appdata/roaming folder . From there search for neolane and inside it the NL5 folder . there will be a file called nlclient_cnx.xml and several other .xml files. These XML files contain the Urls and cached preferences. 

You can either delete all the .xml files or just rename the NL5 folder and then install the console and all the preferences would be gone.

Regards,

Adhiyan

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Naveen,

To remove cached navigation data you may simply follow these steps :

close the console
open the folder "C:\Users\<Windows Username>\AppData\Roaming\Neolane\NL_5"
delete all the xml files except nlclient_cnx.xml and delete the "nlclient" sub-folder
Then restart the console and you should not be able to view cached navigation details. 

For uninstalling completely , please refer to this link : https://support.neolane.net/doc/AC6.1/en/INS_Installation_for_Windows__Installing_the_client_console...

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 4

Thanks for replying Adhiyan.

I couldn't find the folder that you've mentioned. I removed the folder in Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Campaign v6 and then cleared by %temp% folder and this got rid of the error that I was having with upgrading the client console to a newer version. But this still didn't delete the cached connection URL's and all that, I'm not too sure where that is being pulled through from.

Thanks

Naveen

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Naveen,

It should be in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Neolane\NL_5 .

You can simply type %appdata% in the Run box and should land in Appdata/roaming folder . From there search for neolane and inside it the NL5 folder . there will be a file called nlclient_cnx.xml and several other .xml files. These XML files contain the Urls and cached preferences. 

You can either delete all the .xml files or just rename the NL5 folder and then install the console and all the preferences would be gone.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 4

Got it, thanks! Don't have an issue anymore so I'm not deleting anything but good to know.