Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Transactional event sms

Level 3

Hi all,  

we need to know how sms transactional event and the correspondent sms transactional messages work and if there are differences between those and the email transactional event and messages.  

We found just this documentation in the ACS guide: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/communication-channels/transactional...  

We have some questions : 

• Each sms sent has a cost, is there also a cost for the transactional one? 
  • The configuration of the transactional sms is the same of the transactional email? 
  • Are there specific limitations exclusively for the transactional sms? 

Coud you answer my questions and provide other documentation where possible? 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Since you have to use a 3rd party to send and receive SMS the cost is the same as a normal SMS delivery.  

Transactional SMS have channel of Mobile(SMS).  Everything else is configured the same with the exception of fields being passed into the event that you want on your SMS message.

Same limitations as a normal SMS delivery.

No documentation specific to SMS that I know of.

John

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Since you have to use a 3rd party to send and receive SMS the cost is the same as a normal SMS delivery.  

Transactional SMS have channel of Mobile(SMS).  Everything else is configured the same with the exception of fields being passed into the event that you want on your SMS message.

Same limitations as a normal SMS delivery.

No documentation specific to SMS that I know of.

John