Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Test Adobe External API activity in workflow

Level 3

Hi,

we want start using external api activity in a workflow, but we find very difficult to find any service to have a test. Furthermore external API documentation is very poor and doesn't show requirements and example of the API outside Campaign.

We find this video and we will be happy to reproduce it.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-standard-learn/tutorials/managing-processes-and-data...

Does anyway can give a clue how to do it or suggest ANY service to test this feature?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Gabriel,

Can you elaborate on what the issue is?  Are you getting errors?  Since you're using an external API to connect to an external service outside of Campaign there isn't really any test services that we can recommend.  The assumption here is that if you have a need for the external API activity, then you have an external service to connect to and in turn have access to some way to test against that service.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Administrator
@Amit_Kumar would you be able to provide some help here?

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 3
Hi @chan2111 I already put this link in my question. But we can't reproduce it because we don't have an api service to do it. We would like to know how to reproduce this video in our sandbox

Level 4
This page was updated on 24 so i thought it would be useful, anyway you can create a mock service expose it and use that api in your external activity.

Level 3
We feel it has a lot of limitation and we cannot try any service without a middle layer. So we ask if anyone can suggest a service that he tried to test the API.

Level 4
Yes I have tried testing it by hitting an external url.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Gabriel,

Can you elaborate on what the issue is?  Are you getting errors?  Since you're using an external API to connect to an external service outside of Campaign there isn't really any test services that we can recommend.  The assumption here is that if you have a need for the external API activity, then you have an external service to connect to and in turn have access to some way to test against that service.

Regards,

Craig

Employee
If you don't have an external endpoint to use, you can use postman-echo to test some basic use-cases: https://docs.postman-echo.com/