Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

TCPS

Level 2

Configuration:

- AC 6.1.1 (8770)

- rhel 7.3

- Oracle 12c

Issue:

We trying to connect Adobe Campaign to the oracle database with a TCPS connection, but it still not working.

My action:

- created the certificate

- create the wallet

- add the certificate to my trustore java (cacert)

- modify the tnsnames.ora

- create the slqnet.ora

-reboot the adobe campaign server

My files:

sqlnet.ora --> 

SSL_VERSION=1.2
SSL_SERVER_DN_MATCH=NO
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH=(LDAP, TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)
SQLNET.WALLET_OVERRIDE=TRUE
WALLET_LOCATION=(SOURCE=(METHOD=FILE)(METHOD_DATA=(DIRECTORY=/etc/oracle/<%myNameWallet%>)))
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(TCPS,NTS)
SSL_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION=FALSE
SSL_CIPHER_SUITES=(SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA)

tnsnames.ora -->

<%myTnsName%>=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS =(PROTOCOL=TCPS)(HOST=<%myHost%>)(PORT=<%myTcpsPort%>))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=<%myServiceName%>))(SECURITY=(SSL_SERVER_CERT_DN=<%myServerCert%>)))

Errors:

web log -->

2017-04-27 14:45:06.170+10      00001049        00001049          1     info    log     Starting 1 connection(s) on pool 'default <%myInstance%>' (Oracle, server='<%myTnsName%>', login='<%myLogin%>')
2017-04-27 14:45:06.261+10      00001049        00001049          1     error   log     ORA-210000 Oracle error: ORA-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection (iRc=-2006)
2017-04-27 14:45:06.261+10      00001049        00001049          1     error   log     WDB-200000 Unable to connect to database '<%myTnsName%>' of type 'Oracle' with login '<%myLogin%>' (iRc=-2006)
2017-04-27 14:46:00.259+10      00001049        00001049          1     info    log     Stopping Web server (pid=4169, tid=4169)...

Do you have any idea for that ?

Thanks in advance.

Nolan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Florent,

After a restart of the Database server this configuration working! :-)

I already opened an adobe ticket, now I would like to understand why I have to do that.

thanks for your return,

Nolan

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hello Nolan,

I'll check to see if this is a known issue. In the meantime, can you contact Adobe Support and open a ticket? 

Thanks,

Florent.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Florent,

After a restart of the Database server this configuration working! :-)

I already opened an adobe ticket, now I would like to understand why I have to do that.

thanks for your return,

Nolan

Level 10

Hi Nolan,

Thank you for updating this thread with your solution. I'll mark your solution as correct and will get back to you when I get more information about why the restart was needed.

Florent.

Level 2

see below the adobe return:

All indications point to this error originating from the database.  As I mentioned before we have seen this a couple times however in those instances the client's database administrators corrected the problem.  Unfortunately Support cannot speak on exactly how to troubleshoot your database as it is outside of the application and is not something we have any knowledge on.

Nolan 

Level 4

We faced exact same issue with Adobe campaign Classic too with build 8795.. Restart of oracle Listener caused the problem to go away and campaign started working. However  this is not really acceptable that i will have to restart and do not know the reason behind it, why listner hang. if you find out root cause , request to please post.

We have only one app server and i can understand that as sessions were going to only one instance , that got hung and our app went down. How about you all ? Do you also have only one server or you have multiple adobe campaign server and still face the same issue ?