Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Stop the delivery if target has been deleted from the recipient table

Level 3

Hi All,

How can we delete a delivery if the target has been deleted from the recipient table. We are trying to make environment GDPR ready. So, if a customer requests us to delete his/her records, how can we make sure that the scheduled deliveries, pertaining to him, also gets deleted/stopped.

Thanks,

Gunjan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Gunjan,

I've not had time to test it thoroughly but it should work in theory, you can have a look at the typology's section in the documentation.

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/CMP_Campaign_Optimization_About_campaign_typologies.html

Around the following lines, you add a custom rule, add that to your typology used in the campaigns, specify the channel or all channels. so anyone who exists in the privacy request schema will be excluded. you need to play around with the reconciliation value.

1535238_pastedImage_1.png

1535239_pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee

Hi Gunjan,

For taking care of the GDPR compliance , Campaign provides a separate package altogether which will take care of all Data deletion requests automatically.

Please read this documentation to understand how it works :

Campaign Classic - General Data Protection Regulation

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 3

Hi Adhiyan,

The XML is showing the schduled delivery in nms:broadLogRcp table. However, after processing, I can still see the scheduled delivery.

why is it not taking nms:delivery into consideration?

Employee

Hi Gunjan,

because there is no PII information stored in that table. GDPR workflows only take into consideration tables where we have PII data.

To answer , your initial query you can rather schedule the workflow so that only the current target is picked up by the delivery or have a simple personalization condition based on the recipient table in the delivery content so that if the recipient is not present , the message sending to that recipient will fail.

Regards,
Adhiyan

Level 3

Hi Adhiyan,

Could you please guide me how to do this part 'have a simple personalization condition based on the recipient table in the delivery content so that if the recipient is not present , the message sending to that recipient will fail.'

Community Advisor

You can also explore adding a new rule to your campaign's typology, by filtering out any recipient which is set for deletion and exist in the privacy requests targeting dimension.

Level 3

Thanks David, I might sound like a noob. But, could you please guide me how to do that.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Gunjan,

I've not had time to test it thoroughly but it should work in theory, you can have a look at the typology's section in the documentation.

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/CMP_Campaign_Optimization_About_campaign_typologies.html

Around the following lines, you add a custom rule, add that to your typology used in the campaigns, specify the channel or all channels. so anyone who exists in the privacy request schema will be excluded. you need to play around with the reconciliation value.

1535238_pastedImage_1.png

1535239_pastedImage_2.png