Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Stop one workflow in the application server

Level 2

Hi guys - is there a way to stop one particular workflow from the applications server? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks all for taking your time to respond to this question.

Just a follow-up here: I've managed to delete the workflow in question by using SQL code activity in a workflow.

It worked like a charm

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

Hi,

You can stop a workflow by many ways :

• By manual
  • Unconditional stop(Only use the unconditional stop if you are sure there are no actual workflow jobs in progress)
  • From back end (to do this you should know the value of Stop attribute of the workflow schema )
  • Using Java Script (xtk.workflow.Stop(WorkFlowId)

Thanks !

Level 2

Thanks for your help.

Basically this workflow is on pause status and the workflow supervisors have been receiving notification emails everyday. So they wanted to shut this workflow down completely.

Option 1 and 2 are not working in my case, because whenever the workflow is selected it crashes the client console. Hence I have to do it from the backend.

I also used xtk.worfklow.Stop but it didn't work because the workflow status was changed from 'paused' to 'stop requested' and then back to 'pause' again.

Level 10

Hi,

Were you able to find something relevant for your query here?

Gaurang

Employee

HI Gigi,

In Such cases , the best way is to kill it on the Database directly. You need to get the pid for the query and then stop / kill that pid from the Database.

If the instance is hosted by Adobe , raise a support ticket , else ask your DBA to kill the workflow but providing the primary keys.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 10

Use xtk.worfklow.Stop.Kill it will solve your problem.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks all for taking your time to respond to this question.

Just a follow-up here: I've managed to delete the workflow in question by using SQL code activity in a workflow.

It worked like a charm