Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

SMS Configuration in adobe campaign

Level 2

Hi,

I need to do SMS configuration from adobe campaign with the third party vendor via HTTP.Can you please suggest the steps to do configuration

If it is not possible through HTTP .What are the other options to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Found the reason. It is a configuration issue of the external account.

There is an endPointSend attribute inside the external account which seems to be missing.

You need to configure it correctly.

Also if you are on one of the latest builds please use Extended Generic SMPP Connector.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Can you please confirm on the following?

1. Which Campaign build you are currently on?

2. Which vendor are you using?

3. The instance is it Adobe hosted or on-premise?

To answer few preliminary queries

1. Yes, Campaign is equipped to communicate on HTTP with the SMS vendor.

2. Get the Campaign server IP whitelisted on the SMS vendor side.

3. Check with the SMS vendor do they support TX+RX mode or work only for TRX. It is important as the decision might require you to upgrade.

4. Buy separate credentials/accounts to use on different servers like Prod, Stage and Dev. Campaign requires you to not use the same account on multiple servers.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to Integrate with Netcore and Gupshup with adobecampaign 7 version-Onpremise.

Regards,

Somasekhar Y

Employee Advisor

Hi Somasekhar,

You need to perform the steps I outlined earlier.

Since you are on v7, you should be using Extended Generic SMPP Connector.

On the external account, select this connector and then check for the data that needs to be configured.

Take that to your vendor to get the relevant values to be filled in.

Once the account has been configured, you can test out few SMSs to see if it goes out fine.

Since you are on-prem, there is a possibility you might be using Adobe hosted MID instance to send out emails. If MID is also to be used for sending SMS, the external account will be setup by Adobe Support but you still need to provide them with the required data.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 2

Thanks Vipul.

Few more questions

What is MID instance?

Apart from Configuration what else is needed for sending messages(Like some coding at adobe campaign).?

Regards,

Somasekhar Y

Employee Advisor

MID is a specific package which an on-prem customer usually buys to have Adobe handle the email/SMS sending aspect. Please do check your contract for it.

Once the configuration is complete, no special coding is needed.

All you need is to prepare a SMS delivery and send it out.

Level 2

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for the valuable nformation

I have contacted third party vendor for the integration.They are asking the following details

1)Which type of SMPP client you are(Kannel,Now SMS)

2)How many sessions are required?

Can you please help me to understand.

Level 10

Hi Vipul Raghav​,

Can you follow up on this thread?

Thanks,

Florent

Level 2

Hi Vipul,

​I have Configured SMS Configuration from Sandbox ,I am getting the following error.

Erro_sMS.png

Employee Advisor

Please restart MTA with verbose logging to understand the problem. It says HTTP 500 which is a generic error.

Employee Advisor

Please can you also confirm the type of SMS connector you are using?

Is it Netsize, mBlox, generic SMPP Connector or Extended Generic SMPP Connector

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Found the reason. It is a configuration issue of the external account.

There is an endPointSend attribute inside the external account which seems to be missing.

You need to configure it correctly.

Also if you are on one of the latest builds please use Extended Generic SMPP Connector.

Level 2

Hi Vipul,

I am new to this.Can you please help me where to add that end pointsend attribute.

Regards,

Soamsekhar Y

Level 10

Hi Soamsekhar,

You should find your external account and the fields to specify here (this is an example):

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 11.34.02.png

Level 2

Thanks Floren and Vipul..Able to send SMS(The problem is IP whitelisting)

Regards,

Somasekhar Y

Level 2

Hi, I am facing the same issue and error. Which IP address did you whitelisted?

Level 1

Hi , I am getting some issues in SMS configuration. I have used wake up workflow as activation mode in connector.. i have defined my workflow. But still that workflow is not getting executed.and i have used connector as generic.Can you please help me. I wanted to run a javascript. But when i use call javascript , this is not working properly.