Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Sftp File Transfer - WildCard

Level 1

Hi all,

I have a issue relating the box file transfer. I set the box in "Test to see if file exists" mode and in the server folder i insert the path and the filename: \Campaign\files\test_*.csv, but the workflow doesn't found the file even if present.

My opinion is that the wildcard does not work.

Please can you suggest or tell me what the problem is?

Thanks,

Gaetano

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi all

thanks for your help.

at the end I have only one wildcard in the following way \Campaign\ files\ test_ * csv in the filename and it works correctly, finding no other solution.

Thanks,

Gaetano

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

Hi Gaetano,

I think that in that case the wildcard only works if used as last character. So something like \Campaign\files\test_*

Florent

Level 5

Hi Florent,

Can you tell me what Adobe Campaign does in the event there are 2 files that meet the filename/wild card criteria?

Seems to just pick one file when I've run a simple test?

Is that correct? And if so, how does it decide which one to download?

Is there a way to make it download all files and then load all records across all files that met the criteria using a subsequent data loading activity.

Thanks

David

Level 10

Hi David,

I believe that it should trigger the event as many times as there is a matching file. So in your case, all activities should be executed twice. But I'm not sure if there's anything visible in the UI to confirm that, besides checking the execution logs of the workflow.

Florent

Level 5

Hi florentlb

I agree, I feel like thats what it should do (and what I'd like it to do) but as mentioned, when running a simple test - it only seems to download a single file (and i have no idea how it decides which one to process).

Any chance you could look into this a little further? I'd love a solution where a wildcard downloads all files that meet the condition.

Finally, is there anyway around the wildcard only working at the end of the filename? I have a situation where I really need it to work at the start (a regular file is coming from a client where the prefix of the file is an unknown date/time stamp but the end of the filename is a known constant).

Thanks for your help.

David

Level 10

Hi,

Were you able to find something relevant for your query here?

Gaurang

Level 5

Hi gaetanog59246633

Unfortunately not.

Is there any additional insight you can offer? Have you tested a similar situation yourself?

Thanks

David

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi all

thanks for your help.

at the end I have only one wildcard in the following way \Campaign\ files\ test_ * csv in the filename and it works correctly, finding no other solution.

Thanks,

Gaetano

Level 5

Hi Gaurang,

I meant to message you.

I've not been able to find a way of using the wildcard to download multiple files from SFTP.

Is there any additional insight you can offer? Have you tested a similar situation yourself?

Thanks

David

Level 5

Hi Gaetano,

Apologies, I didn't mean to message you.

Thats great that you found a resolution to your original problem by using the wildcard at the end.

What I'm keen to understand is, in the event 2 (or more) files meet the filename convention when a wildcard is used - get it to load the data of all files.

From basic testing, it only seems to load the data of one (and i'm not sure which).

I've asked Guarang above for more insight. Will be interesting/useful to know.

Thanks

David

Level 2

Hi Gaetano,

Wildcard symbols are built into ACS. So just leave the appended file name blank:

File transfer:

\Campaign\files\test_

Will Return

\Campaign\files\test_20200105.csv