Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Sending a report to a list - how to set and pass variables?

Level 4

Hi,

I'm trying to build a workflow that sends one of my custom made report to a list. I'm fallowing these process: https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/WKF_Use_cases_Sending_a_report_to_a_list.html

My issue is related to variables. First step of my report's template is choosing dates (time range of report).

s1.PNG

Dates are stored in two variables: endDate and startDate:

s2.PNG

My question is: how to set and pass these variables to xtk.report.export method (launched in JS activity)?

My code:

var reportName = "throughputNew";

var path = "/home/reports/"+"throughputNew"+".xlsx";

var exportFormat = "OOXML_SS";

isAdHoc = false;

var _ctx = <ctx _context="global" _reportContext={reportName}/>;     ///// I guess variables should be set up somewhere here, but how?

xtk.report.export(reportName,_ctx,exportFormat,path,isAdHoc);

Thank you in advance,

Marcin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello,

ctx variables are to be found under

ctx.vars.yourVariable

You can see what else is there in you pipeline by throwing exception by logError() and check the debug mode on report preview.

Marcel

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Marcin,

I am unfamiliar with AC Classic reports and JS. Did you find a way through it? Don't hesitate to bump the thread to update us on your progress (or not).

Florent

Level 10

Hi Marcin,

Any update to share?

Florent

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello,

ctx variables are to be found under

ctx.vars.yourVariable

You can see what else is there in you pipeline by throwing exception by logError() and check the debug mode on report preview.

Marcel